Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KenPom 2018

The AAC is actually looking pretty decent. They're in 7th according to Sagarin just behind the Pac-12 right now. UC should be able to maintain lofty computer rankings by winning in that league. As it is, they're still ahead of Xavier despite our win yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The AAC is actually looking pretty decent. They're in 7th according to Sagarin just behind the Pac-12 right now. UC should be able to maintain lofty computer rankings by winning in that league. As it is, they're still ahead of Xavier despite our win yesterday.
    I can live with that (as silly as it seems). I’m not a hater, I hope they win out because I love X more than I hate anyone else. What is good for X is GOOD.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    If Temple keeps losing to A-10 teams, they can't even pass a down Pac-12. They've laid eggs at La Salle and GW this year.

As of tonight after Kent St.

Overall: 13

Offense: 3

Defense: 56

Xavier at this point is an elite offensive team, but not so great on the defensive end.

Xavier has the worst ranked defense of any team in the Top 30, although Duke is not much better at #53 on defense.

If Xavier can improve their defense, they will really, really tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    If Temple keeps losing to A-10 teams, they can't even pass a down Pac-12. They've laid eggs at La Salle and GW this year.
    They beat Wisconsin tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    They beat Wisconsin tonight.
    Wisconsin is hot garbage.

Dayton is ALMOST in the KenPom top 100. Almost.

Dayton is ALMOST in the KenPom top 100. Almost.
    Dayton fans can come and see their de-committed PG McKinley Wright @ Cintas this Saturday.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    As of tonight after Kent St.

Overall: 13

Offense: 3

Defense: 56

Xavier at this point is an elite offensive team, but not so great on the defensive end.

Xavier has the worst ranked defense of any team in the Top 30, although Duke is not much better at #53 on defense.

If Xavier can improve their defense, they will really, really tough to beat.
    Also half of our kenpom rankings are still based on preseason rankings. So that 56 defensively is a mix of the 38 preseason ranking and probably an actual closer to 70.

Sophomore
    that Wisconsin road win is looking worse and worse. Their collapse is gonna cost us a nice resume chip.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    that Wisconsin road win is looking worse and worse. Their collapse is gonna cost us a nice resume chip.
    calling it a collapse would insinuate that they were a strong team at one point. i think it's been a down year for them all along.