Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KenPom 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    calling it a collapse would insinuate that they were a strong team at one point. i think it's been a down year for them all along.
    And the B1G is hot garbage...other than Michigan State.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Didn't think it was worth a new thread, but maybe it is... RPI Forecast is currently projecting X to finish 3rd in RPI (and Nova to finish 1st). In years not so distant past this would put both on the #1 seed line. Where does RPI stand with the committee now? Will the NCAA website have RPI ratings like it has in the past? It's very early obviously but interesting to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Didn't think it was worth a new thread, but maybe it is... RPI Forecast is currently projecting X to finish 3rd in RPI (and Nova to finish 1st). In years not so distant past this would put both on the #1 seed line. Where does RPI stand with the committee now? Will the NCAA website have RPI ratings like it has in the past? It's very early obviously but interesting to think about.
    There are some changes this year. The Committee's use of RPI will include the effects of home and away games. I think the top tier games will be against the top 30 teams if the game is played at home and top 70 if the game is played away.

What the RPI and RPI forecast show to me is the great job in scheduling again this year. Not only are we having a great W-L in the out of conference, but those wins are against opponents who are doing well and should do well in their respective conferences.

Us making the tournament last year ... thank Mario and the scheduling. The fact we get in with six losses in a row and 12 total in the regular season ... that's the importance of scheduling. The fact that we were a 2 seed two years ago and that we might be right there again (or even a 1 seed) ... that's the team taking care of business against a carefully crafted schedule.

Can't imagine the BE would get 2 teams as #1's. Have to win the conference. What Nova has been doing and continues to do is really fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Can't imagine the BE would get 2 teams as #1's. Have to win the conference. What Nova has been doing and continues to do is really fantastic.
    Dominate conference play, at least split with Nova, and win conf tourney - probably but not necessarily against Nova. However that would probably knock Nova out of a #1, especially if they don't even make it to conf final. Flip that for Xavier and the same scenario would apply. Highly unlikely both #1 - but it also depends on what other top teams do, or don't do.

Lots of basketball to play and scenarios to play out, many of which are out of X's control. Really putting the cart before the horse here. But, hey (or hay) that's what we do!.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

All-Conference
    Talk of a #1 seed at this point is pointless. Big East play will be a bear this year.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Dominate conference play, at least split with Nova, and win conf tourney - probably but not necessarily against Nova. However that would probably knock Nova out of a #1, especially if they don't even make it to conf final. Flip that for Xavier and the same scenario would apply. Highly unlikely both #1 - but it also depends on what other top teams do, or don't do.
    You also need a few Wichita State losses, because if a team from the AAC takes one of the #1 seeds, it obviously eliminates a #1 seed available to the power conferences. Big XII, Pac-12, SEC, ACC, Big Ten and Big East are all fighting over 3 #1 seeds at that point, and Dook and Michigan State have almost preemptively been handed #1 seeds this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    You also need a few Wichita State losses, because if a team from the AAC takes one of the #1 seeds, it obviously eliminates a #1 seed available to the power conferences. Big XII, Pac-12, SEC, ACC, Big Ten and Big East are all fighting over 3 #1 seeds at that point, and Dook and Michigan State have almost preemptively been handed #1 seeds this year.
    Absolutely agree.

Thus the comment: "...it also depends on what other top teams do..."
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.