Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just an observation

I think the Big East now is going back to its roots of having the biggest and most physical basketball in the country. Xavier was monstrous compared to Wisconsin, Providence is full of football looking players compared to Washington, Nova and Seton Hall all look massive and so on. You can't be a stick and play in the Big East anymore.

All-Conference
    Could u ever be a stick and play in the big east?

i reside in the murky dreams of drug addled women.
    There is something to this. I have commented about JP's size and tre's body transformation that started last year. Lavin even complimented out strength program at the half. ..think of the play where Happ ran into a stout O mara and slipped. It matters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Coz View Post
    There is something to this. I have commented about JP's size and tre's body transformation that started last year. Lavin even complimented out strength program at the half. ..think of the play where Happ ran into a stout O mara and slipped. It matters.
    I laughed at that play. Happ backed into him, expecting him to give, but it was like hitting a wall.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

X is def big. Who was our bigs when we joined the big east? Farr, Reynolds?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Who was our bigs when we joined the big east? Farr, Reynolds?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    X is def big. Who was our bigs when we joined the big east? Farr, Reynolds?
    Farr and Reynolds had Big East bodies. They never had an issue with the physicality of the game.

I see your point with our guards the most. JP is jacked this year, and it's helped.

Farr and Reynolds were huge. This team could be special, we need O’Mara to remember his tourney run. I think the three freshmen are going to improve a lot. Harden is long, really long. I see a lot of man-to-man in our future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    This team could be special, we need O’Mara to remember his tourney run.
    I was satisfied with O'Mara's contribution last night. Happ definitely got the best of him, but it's Happ. He's on a level we won't see that much of this season.

On the other hand, Tyrique's handing of Happ was fantastic. He forced Happs missed shot which led to Tre's differentiating 3. That was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I was satisfied with O'Mara's contribution last night. Happ definitely got the best of him, but it's Happ. He's on a level we won't see that much of this season.

On the other hand, Tyrique's handing of Happ was fantastic. He forced Happs missed shot which led to Tre's differentiating 3. That was incredible.
    Jones had 11 points, 6 rebounds and 1 assist in 17 minutes
    O'Mara had 8 points, 2 rebounds and 0 assists in 16 minutes

for a total of 19 points, 8 rebounds and 1 assist in 33 minutes

Happ had 21 points, 4 rebounds and 8 assists in 30 minutes.

So as a tandem Jones and O'mara neutralized Happ and you might conclude that is the main reason Xavier won the game. They didn't shut him down, but, his defense against them wasn't exactly anything to brag about either.