Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wisconsin Roll Call

Will be in 106 Row B. Anyone else making the trip? Also is there any sort of meet up before or suggestions for good Madison bars?

105 Row K

can't wait!

suggestions for Wednesday night or pre-game would be great

Marquette fan here...I would recommend going to the Old Fashioned in Madison to get a taste of Wisconsin food and drink, that is if you are coming in the night before. On game day, I would recommend Wandos or Nitty Gritty as they are both very close to the Kohl Center. I would probably head up to the 2nd/3rd floor of Wandos for food and then hit up Nitty Gritty for a Pre-game beer.

Good luck!

I'll be in 109 row BB with my wife's colleague, a UW law student grad who's more a Madison fan than a Wisc fan (but one of those too). Will stay Thur night at the Double Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Frambo View Post
    105 Row K

can't wait!

suggestions for Wednesday night or pre-game would be great
    Bring home a winner,Bill

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Also is there any sort of meet up before or suggestions for good Madison bars?
    Nice thing about downtown Madison and campus is that it is intertwined with one another, though there is still a distinct separation between the two.

- Walk around Capitol Square and grab a couple drinks and some food. Old Fashioned is good, as mentioned, but Coopers Tavern, Tipsy Cow, Graze, L’Etoile, Great Dane, Merchant, Brocach, Lucille, Casetta, Muramoto, Morris Ramen, and Natt Spill are all good bars/restaurants. Coopers and Tipsy Cow both have good beer lists + food.

- Walk down State Street from Capitol Square. Paul’s Club and HopCat are all on the upper end of State Street and will cater to a young professional crowd on the weekends, in addition to many of the Capitol Square bars. The lower end of State Street, and its immediate surrounding, will be more undergraduates. Mondays, Chasers, Brats, Wando’s, Double U, Vintage, Church Key, KK, and Red Shed all bring a younger crowd, though this doesn’t seem to matter during basketball, football or hockey season — clientele will be of all ages. There are still some noteworthy places to eat in the area: Med Cafe, Dotty Dumpling’s, Rising Sons, Paul Pel’Meni, and Sunroom Cafe (breakfast) are all good spots.

- Madison is located on an isthmus, meaning there are lakes on both sides of downtown. Monona Terrace offers a good view, which is further from campus, and Union Terrace along Lake Mendota is the most-popular spot in Madison. It’ll be November, and I would think the Union took down the chairs/tables outside, but it’s on-campus and offers a beautiful setting to have a beer. Still worth checking out and Alumni Park was just completed. From there, you can easily take a stroll around campus. College Gameday is in Madison on Saturday, so you may see ESPN setting up shop on Bascom Hill.

- Enjoy the Kohl Center! It’s a beautiful venue. Outsiders might see Wisconsin in a rebuilding year, but fans will always have high expectations of this program. The young guys have impressed so far and this year’s overseas trip came at a perfect time. it’ll be great to have an early-season showdown against a Top-25 opponent. Couple other tests are coming up against Baylor, UCLA/Creighton, Virginia, and Ohio State.

Darn. The Cooleys will be no-shows. And the game is right up the street.

FTW, Frambo, WCW -- the few, the proud -- will have a ball and bring home a winner.

Your 'Sconnie hosts (as evidenced above) will be great -- jolly and welcoming. Madison is always great.

Go X!
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Cooley XU'81 View Post
    Darn. The Cooleys will be no-shows. And the game is right up the street.

Go X!
    Will wave as I drive up Rt 47 through Woodstock tomorrow. Go X! (gotta a couple extra tickets in case you change your mind or your son wants to leave for Thanksgiving break a bit early).

Avenge!
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Avenge!
    Subtle...I like it.

Was it just last March I was sitting with the Wisconsin fans in Orlando? I bought a few guys a pitcher of beer, and I don’t remember much since.....crazy dudes....