Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thoughts on new seats

Had an opportunity to try out a few of the new seats at Cintas last weekend (not at Madness) and was wondering if others also had similar or different reactions.

I sat in the new Overlook seats and really did not like the limited sightlines at the near basket in front of the student section. If you are sitting in your seat you can’t see the playing floor closer than the “BIG EAST” inside the lane. And that was with no one sitting in front of me in the second or third row. The video at the seat Experience Cintas site shows a clear glass wall in front of the first row. The concrete wall they actually installed is a lot harder to see through. Sure glad I didn’t go for those. The food and beverage service better be really good!

Also tried out the Front Line seats. The thick cushion and wider seats were nice, but the one-inch deep cup holder right where my elbow/forearm would knock over anything in it was useless. Also seemed to be less legroom than the Club seats they replaced.

Overall, very glad I stayed with the type of seat I already had.
    Others thoughts?

Go Muskies!
    -deepX

It sounds to me that those seats have the same issue that the seats at Hinkle Fieldhouse have on the second floor behind the basket. You can't see the baseline or the corners very well. Since they've marketed those as more a hospitality focused area, perhaps the people won't care.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by deepX View Post
    Had an opportunity to try out a few of the new seats at Cintas last weekend (not at Madness) and was wondering if others also had similar or different reactions.

I sat in the new Overlook seats and really did not like the limited sightlines at the near basket in front of the student section. If you are sitting in your seat you can’t see the playing floor closer than the “BIG EAST” inside the lane. And that was with no one sitting in front of me in the second or third row. The video at the seat Experience Cintas site shows a clear glass wall in front of the first row. The concrete wall they actually installed is a lot harder to see through. Sure glad I didn’t go for those. The food and beverage service better be really good!

-deepX
    Yikes. I never considered those seats but stinks for those who did. As for my group, sat in our new seats for Madness. Couldn't be happier.

Freshman
    I went to one of the lunch and learn sessions over the summer and looked at the Front Line seats to see what they were like (way out of my price range) but wanted to see the look of them. I commented right away to the X representatives that the drink holders would result in a lot of unhappy individuals as they are only an inch deep. I put a drink in the cup holder and sat in the seat, the drink tipped over as I sat down. X reps said they were aware of the concerns but did not have many options.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    It sounds to me that those seats have the same issue that the seats at Hinkle Fieldhouse have on the second floor behind the basket. You can't see the baseline or the corners very well. Since they've marketed those as more a hospitality focused area, perhaps the people won't care.
    Yep that is the same problem at Hinkle. Had those a couple of years ago from X. They were supposedly the “better seats” given to X but they were terrible.

Junior
    If you are going through all this trouble why not make it right?

All-Conference
    There are smart people running the show over there. My guess is that they knew the cup holders wouldn't be great...but it was a trade-off for something else that was better. First world problems people.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    There are smart people running the show over there. My guess is that they knew the cup holders wouldn't be great...but it was a trade-off for something else that was better. First world problems people.
    If you're willing to sponsor the endowment you can have cupholders. The Drudy Cupholder Endowment has a great ring to it.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I have a cup holder. Its called my hand. If a beers in it any more the 15 minutes, somethings wrong.

First game in my new seats tonight. The bad news? I’m 4 rows farther from the court. The good news? Being at the other end of the aisle, i know won’t have people going up and down the aisle blocking my view. Also, being in on the aisle that comes up from the corner of the court instead of the sideline, my seat is offset from the one in front of me, so I’ve got room for my right leg to really stretch out.

No one was siting in my old seats, but since it’s an exhibition game, I’ll give them a pass.
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.