Time: 8:30 p.m.

Cincinnati , Ohio

TV: FS1

Live Stream (Stats Only)

Radio: 55KRC Listen Live

Live Chat

Common Opponents:

Hampton: Rider defeated Hampton 90-75.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Rider fan here - although I am optimistic that Rider can keep it competitive - I am also a realist and think we will get killed.

The Rider team is very young with no seniors. They start a (2) Redshirt Freshman - one which is a Depaul transfer. (2) sophomores and a Redshirt Junior. Their top player is point guard Stevie Jordan - who grew up in the entertainment business so playing in front of 10,000 fans will not phase him. His is hip hop mogul Stevie J son.

Rider is changing their approach from being a grind it out defensive team to a wide open fast scoring team. They are not very big, and not a great rebounding team, so I expect them to get destoyed on the boards. They now shoot a lot of 3's and have some really good long range shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko4hire View Post
    Rider fan here - although I am optimistic that Rider can keep it competitive - I am also a realist and think we will get killed.

The Rider team is very young with no seniors. They start a (2) Redshirt Freshman - one which is a Depaul transfer. (2) sophomores and a Redshirt Junior. Their top player is point guard Stevie Jordan - who grew up in the entertainment business so playing in front of 10,000 fans will not phase him. His is hip hop mogul Stevie J son.

Rider is changing their approach from being a grind it out defensive team to a wide open fast scoring team. They are not very big, and not a great rebounding team, so I expect them to get destoyed on the boards. They now shoot a lot of 3's and have some really good long range shooters.
    Thanks for the info.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Expect another straight forward result, hoping we look just as crisp as the other night, I'm sure the percentages won't be that high, but as long as we look unselfish, with good ball movement and stuff, I'll be pleased.

THE Stevie J?!?

Sounds like a fun team to watch Xavier play. If they're hitting shots, it could stay interesting for a while, but if they're shooting poorly it will probably get U-G-L-Y pretty quick.

Yup. I'll be shocked if we shoot nearly as well as we did against Morehead, but I definitely want to continue to see our guys make good decisions with finding the guy with the open look and taking good shots.

If we can so that, I'll feel good going into Wisconsin.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

All-Conference
    In game one, guys were locked in for 40 minutes...that's a great habit to form. The intensity from start to finish was very encouraging. That's a sign of a team out to prove a point, and a sign of a great coaching staff.

X moved up 2 spots to #15 in the AP Top 25.

Let’s do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Let’s do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NO KIDDING! I had to DVR the first game (son’s BDay dinner out) so this is my first live action. I can't wait to get started. If a few roll out, maybe that’s so a few more can roll in against Wisconsin! There’s a little payback due there.