Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Supporting Member mohr5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,070

    Dontarious James commit

    6'7" stretch 4 from South Carolina. Not very heavily recruited but I'll take him.

  2. #2
    Sophomore Mel Cooley XU'81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Woodstock, IL
    Posts
    1,304
    I understand that Dontarious and family are good people!

    Welcome to XU!
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

  3. #3
    He had offers from Kansas and Butler, along with several mid and low majors. May take a couple of years for him to reach his potential, but video shows him with anice stroke from the outside.

  4. #4
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    1,273
    Keeping him from going to Butler is a plus.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member bleedXblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    He had offers from Kansas and Butler, along with several mid and low majors. May take a couple of years for him to reach his potential, but video shows him with anice stroke from the outside.
    The Kansas offer is (was) puzzling........

  6. #6
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    The Kansas offer is (was) puzzling........
    I read it had something to do with getting a teammate of his

  7. #7
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I read it had something to do with getting a teammate of his
    Regardless, they wouldn't offer him if they didn't think he'd be at least competitive in practice and what not, we need all the bodies we can get, excited for anybody that wants to be here.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,917
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Regardless, they wouldn't offer him if they didn't think he'd be at least competitive in practice and what not, we need all the bodies we can get, excited for anybody that wants to be here.
    He was offered in a way to get Zion Williamson. I don't think they care as long as they get him.

  9. #9
    Supporting Member paulxu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12,648
    I may be way wrong, but I would think UNC or Duke will get Zion.
    They have been all over him here in Spartanburg.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

  10. #10
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    He was offered in a way to get Zion Williamson. I don't think they care as long as they get him.
    Yeah, but I mean I'm sure that means he's at least capable enough to be useful in practice, play a few minutes, ya know? Like a glorified walk-on situation. We need the bodies, I'm not complaining. Not the best offer sheet, but after all the striking out we've done in this recruiting class, it's nice to get some bodies. Who knows, Mack and co. develop talent pretty well, he could turn out to be a solid contributor in a few seasons!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •