Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tonight We Ride

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Then Snipes idea would make sense - to go by scanned tickets.

Not sure of the logistics of designating which seats specifically those would be and how the movers would know which seats were available and how that would be communicated.
    There was an app they partnered with a few years ago that did something like this (although you had to pay to move down). I wonder if they still have this, and/or can use the same technology.

http://goxavier.com/news/2013/10/30/...sMoveDown.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Man I have good feeling about this team.

NAJI MARSHALL

Naji Marshall has been officially endorsed by the House of Snipe.

Tonight I will formally anoint him as the future of Xavier basketball.
    Naji Marshall is the frontrunner for my next favorite Musketeer.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

There's a kiss of death for that kid.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Me too Amex. I like the cut of his jib.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post
    There was an app they partnered with a few years ago that did something like this (although you had to pay to move down). I wonder if they still have this, and/or can use the same technology.

You kids with your new fangled technology. In my day you just moved down and ran the risk of being run out.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Not true, I'm your favorite Musketeer forever and always, you even updated my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    How bout they get enough security at the door so thousands of fans aren’t waiting to get in at the tip? That would help fill in the seats. I️ know, I know. I️ should get to the arena “sooner”. On work nights that’s not always possible. I️ don’t get it. The arena holds the same amount of people. They should know what the staffing demands are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    We were there some than a half hour before and there was still a really long line to get in. That's insane. You want to wand people before they come in, fine. Have more than 4 people wanding, especially when you have at least 8 lines for people to take tickets.

Someone did a horrendous job of planning.

Sophomore
    Hopefully that will be fixed quickly

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post

Let’s move down was a great resource available for one season. I believe the entrepreneur who created it sold it to a national firm and it pretty much died as far as x goes. Some friends and I scored row 2 tickets thru them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    They should do that New Mexico or Arizona St thing I heard about and give those seats away if people are not in them at a certain point in the game. If you are not coming, that is fine, thanks for your contribution, but if you don't make it to the game in the first 10 -15 minutes of clock we are going to let people sit in your seats.

There are ways to work that stuff.

Part of the problem with giving really wealthy people dibs on all of the good stuff is that sometimes the rich and famous are not good fans and go no show.

Ways exist to combat that. We should explore that.
    They did this at the University of Tennessee hoops games. When X played them in Knoxville many moons ago (DNL coaching?), we were "invited" to move down to the lower bowl midway through the first half by the PA guy. Not sure if they still do it there, but a cool thing nonetheless.

I usually just wait til the second media timeout of the first half and then move down.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12