Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ball May Serve 20 Days of House Arrest in China

Link

LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill could face up to 20 days of house arrest after they were arrested for shoplifting on Tuesday, according to a report from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
    The paper has a reporter on the ground covering the Georgia Tech team, whom UCLA is scheduled to play on Friday night in Shanghai.
    The punishment can be served in the hotel where the team stayed while in Hangzhou, the report says, which means that the trip would be forced to stay behind for a few weeks while the rest of the team returns to Los Angeles.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Bummer for them that the team was staying at the Hyatt instead of the Ritz.

Hopefully those 3 will be back when they play sUCks

Ouch and then what will UCLA do as far as punishment? Man, ask Dad or your brother for some cash......he just got PAID

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Ouch and then what will UCLA do as far as punishment? Man, ask Dad or your brother for some cash......he just got PAID
    I mean UCLA shouldn't put up with some crap like that, they should be expelled but we'll see, I doubt that actually happens. I'm sure LaVar will make a "donation" to the university to ensure they're all fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Bummer for them that the team was staying at the Hyatt instead of the Ritz.
    Next time they willfully break a law in a foreign country, I hope they plan ahead better. How do I get 3 weeks at the Ritz???

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I mean UCLA shouldn't put up with some crap like that, they should be expelled but we'll see, I doubt that actually happens. I'm sure LaVar will make a "donation" to the university to ensure they're all fine.
    Did you say the same when Crawford stole a cell phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Did you say the same when Crawford stole a cell phone?
    To be fair, I wasn't a huge X fan there, as I hadn't attended the university yet and what not. But I just would expect them to be treated as other students, if I were to steal from a Louis Vitton store on a trip abroad (studying abroad or whatever), what would be my punishment? I'd believe it would be expulsion. Situations matter, but I think every student should be held to a code of conduct, especially in a foreign country, like that's just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    To be fair, I wasn't a huge X fan there, as I hadn't attended the university yet and what not. But I just would expect them to be treated as other students, if I were to steal from a Louis Vitton store on a trip abroad (studying abroad or whatever), what would be my punishment? I'd believe it would be expulsion. Situations matter, but I think every student should be held to a code of conduct, especially in a foreign country, like that's just plain stupid.
    My guess is it would not be expulsion but I haven't been in college for around 10 years nor did I ever go on a school sponsored trip. I figure getting sent home early, which can't be done in this case, suspension from some games, community service and call it a day.

It was stupid and there should be a punishment but expulsion? Let's take it easy. If Liangelo's last name wasn't Ball you wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    My guess is it would not be expulsion but I haven't been in college for around 10 years nor did I ever go on a school sponsored trip. I figure getting sent home early, which can't be done in this case, suspension from some games, community service and call it a day.

It was stupid and there should be a punishment but expulsion? Let's take it easy. If Liangelo's last name wasn't Ball you wouldn't care.
    It might of been an over-reaction, but I don't really care if it was a Ball or not to be honest. I just figured an academic school like UCLA would highly consider expulsion, I know it's college, and we've all made our mistakes, but definitely should be held accountable for those mistakes. I just think when you're representing a university you should do better than that, I'd be pretty upset if anybody from our team pulled some dumb stunt like that as well.