Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2023 Sweet 16

This game was absolutely incredibly to watch the last 30 minutes, kept you on the edge of your seat, X had so many chances to put them away, but got it done when it mattered. Hopefully can put away Georgetown and get an auto bid to the tourney!! Our Seniors deserve it, especially Corey Brown who's had an incredible year at X and will be a draft pick in the MLS.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Butler losing to Xavier = the Butler Way.
    +1. Screw Butler.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    This game was absolutely incredibly to watch the last 30 minutes, kept you on the edge of your seat, X had so many chances to put them away, but got it done when it mattered. Hopefully can put away Georgetown and get an auto bid to the tourney!! Our Seniors deserve it, especially Corey Brown who's had an incredible year at X and will be a draft pick in the MLS.
    I’m not really a futbol fan but that was a super game to watch. After the game Andy Fleming was interviewed and he blamed himself for blowing the 2-0 lead. After X didn’t convert on the penalty kick, and after X out played Futler the whole game, what a kick in the nads if X lost that game in a Shootout. Thankfully the X Men crushed it.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I’m not really a futbol fan but that was a super game to watch. After the game Andy Fleming was interviewed and he blamed himself for blowing the 2-0 lead. After X didn’t convert on the penalty kick, and after X out played Futler the whole game, what a kick in the nads if X lost that game in a Shootout. Thankfully the X Men crushed it.
    I have 5 soccer players in class this semester. I turned on the game last night. It was literally seconds after Xavier scored the second goal. I watched for 5-6 minutes, where Butler was the aggressor and Xavier appeared to be playing not to lose. It was also the time frame where Butler scored twice to tie the game. Clearly the bad trend was entirely due to the fact that I had turned the game on, so I turned it off. It was with great relief that I read we had won. Now my students on the team can't blame me for a loss. BTW they promised a win, so they delivered.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I didn't make it out there last night as I had hoped. Looked like an exciting match though.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I have 5 soccer players in class this semester. I turned on the game last night. It was literally seconds after Xavier scored the second goal. I watched for 5-6 minutes, where Butler was the aggressor and Xavier appeared to be playing not to lose. It was also the time frame where Butler scored twice to tie the game. Clearly the bad trend was entirely due to the fact that I had turned the game on, so I turned it off. It was with great relief that I read we had won. Now my students on the team can't blame me for a loss. BTW they promised a win, so they delivered.
    Yeah, 2-0 is the most dangerous lead in sports, good for those guys. Proud of Matty V for forgetting about his OT penalty miss and converting when need be, have some serious players on this team, and they're all good guys. The Seniors were Freshman during my Senior year, and I genuinely enjoyed them, well deserved. Hopefully they can deliver one more big win, and bring home a Big East championship and an auto bid to the NCAAs!!

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yeah, 2-0 is the most dangerous lead in sports, good for those guys. Proud of Matty V for forgetting about his OT penalty miss and converting when need be, have some serious players on this team, and they're all good guys. The Seniors were Freshman during my Senior year, and I genuinely enjoyed them, well deserved. Hopefully they can deliver one more big win, and bring home a Big East championship and an auto bid to the NCAAs!!
    I didn't watch the entire game, but I really wanted Matt to take the 1st penalty in the shootout. He stepped up and converted. Awesome leadership.