Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've watched several Gtown games. They seem to be doing ok. However, I see a repeat of bad late game decisions. That was put on display last night.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I've watched several Gtown games. They seem to be doing ok. However, I see a repeat of bad late game decisions. That was put on display last night.
    And I am forever grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    True. But let's see how he does with his recruits moving forward.

He took the #6 team in the nation to the brink in the Cintas Center with an improving squad of JT III's personnel. It will be interesting to watch how the Hoyas progress from here.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    True. But let's see how he does with his recruits moving forward.

He took the #6 team in the nation to the brink in the Cintas Center with an improving squad of JT III's personnel. It will be interesting to watch how the Hoyas progress from here.
    Nothing too crazy, no top 100 recruits, but 2 four star prospects, and then high flying 3-star PG Mac McClung for 2018, but that's still better than our recruiting class, so take that with a grain of salt, I think if he continues to raise the profile, and shows he's an improvement on JT III, he could get some talent there again.

He doesn't appear to be totally incompetent as a college coach, so that's a good start. In theory, Georgetown should not be that tough a rebuilding job as they weren't THAT far down in the first place. I think there's a pretty good chance he'll get them rolling and back into the top half of the conference relatively quickly. Can he get them back into the top 15 or top 10 in the reasonably near future? Much tougher question.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Difference between Mullin and Ewing is Ewing had a lot of coaching experience as an assistant under his belt before getting this job. I was in the NBA but and never a head coach but he at least had some significant experience.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Having L. Orr on the staff is a big plus. He brings solid assistant and head coaching experience on the college level to the program, including expereince in recruiting. He’s also had a long term relationship with Ewing as a player and friend. A lot of the success a head coach has can be based on who their assistants are and how they do their job. There is way to much involved for it to be a one man operation. Orr was a solid choice when it came time to hire assistants.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Difference between Mullin and Ewing is Ewing had a lot of coaching experience as an assistant under his belt before getting this job. I was in the NBA but and never a head coach but he at least had some significant experience.
    Bingo. Ewing knows what comes with being a coach, yes never a head coach, but still understood the day to day operation aspect, rather than the hiring of Mullin which seemed much more like a marketing ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Bingo. Ewing knows what comes with being a coach, yes never a head coach, but still understood the day to day operation aspect, rather than the hiring of Mullin which seemed much more like a marketing ploy.
    The St. John's hiring of Mullin just feeds into the stereotype of NYC/LA people being obsessed with branding, at the expense of good practical decisions. Whether or not that's true, that's how it seems to look.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by XUFan09; 02-05-2018 at 06:22 PM.

I think Mullin was a very good hire. And I'm certain he's forgot more about the game than anyone that posts here ever knew.