Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ekiyor's Canadian team fries Friars

Looks like EE has developed into a decent player. Had something like 22/12 for Carleton in a convincing win at PC. He would have looked nice on our roster, especially next year.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Looks like EE has developed into a decent player. Had something like 22/12 for Carleton in a convincing win at PC. He would have looked nice on our roster, especially next year.
    He is CANADIAN, and plays for a school called Carleton. Don’t get it twisted, he wouldn’t put up those numbers in our rotation.

EE made his choices, and those decisions would not bode well for him to be successful at Xavier. I’ll take Kanter, Jones, or O’Mara over some crazy Canuck any day of the week.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    He is CANADIAN, and plays for a school called Carleton. Don’t get it twisted, he wouldn’t put up those numbers in our rotation.

EE made his choices, and those decisions would not bode well for him to be successful at Xavier. I’ll take Kanter, Jones, or O’Mara over some crazy Canuck any day of the week.
    I'm pretty sure that the "choice" to not come to Xavier was not EE's.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the "choice" to not come to Xavier was not EE's.
    He enrolled at Xavier, made bad choices, then transferred to Carleton. I agree with the premise it wasn't all Ed's choice whether he stayed at Xavier, but his decisions ultimately put him in his current situation. Xavier didn't just tell him to leave because he was following the standards Mack has set forth for the program. He bears the ultimate responsibility for his actions.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

I believe Carleton won Canada's version of a national championship.....so at the top, they cannot be too far from, say A-10 or CUSA. I noticed that they are collecting several name school scalps recently. My point is he would definately be an asset as a senior on NEXT YEARS team. I think KG is the only survivor from basically a lost 2015 class.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I believe Carleton won Canada's version of a national championship.....so at the top, they cannot be too far from, say A-10 or CUSA. I noticed that they are collecting several name school scalps recently. My point is he would definately be an asset as a senior on NEXT YEARS team. I think KG is the only survivor from basically a lost 2015 class.
    Pretty sure Ekiyor is in Goodin's and Jones' class. So he would be a soph this year and a junior next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    Pretty sure Ekiyor is in Goodin's and Jones' class. So he would be a soph this year and a junior next year.
    Guys, the prevailing theory is that Ekiyor's presence would have pushed Tyrique to redshirt last year. I think he's probably a damn good player that could have helped last years team, this years team, and next years.

Sounds like the young man is doing well, and I am rooting for him. We are not left out, we are stacked and packed with big men in my opinion.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Sounds like the young man is doing well, and I am rooting for him. We are not left out, we are stacked and packed with big men in my opinion.
    Stacked and packed with big men? Snipe, Tyrique will be our only true returning big next year.

We're going to need a few bodies just to be able to practice. Not a good situation.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Stacked and packed with big men? Snipe, Tyrique will be our only true returning big next year.

We're going to need a few bodies just to be able to practice. Not a good situation.
    This is especially concerning when you consider how few bigs are ready day one and many are a often a year or two away. Sure, you can say Xavier recruiting has improved considerably but not as much with bigs and particularly not this year or even with our great class from last year.

Transfer or grad bigs are the only realistic route, and those are not abundant either.

Maybe we should check the UBER ranks and see if there is a 2017 version of Stainbrook driving with them.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.