Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I could not be happier with my new location. I now have a great view of the court and both benches.

I also like the new scoreboard they mounted to the front of the Overlook. Sounds like the people who will most appreciate the Overlook are those not in it, across the arena from it. The new font type is much easier to see than last years, so that is a plus.

I also agree the Woods bar project turned out VERY well. And the painting of every flat surface blue is fantastic. Great new look and feel.

I appreciate legroom, so that is bad to hear the best seats in the house have none.

Irony: This was all done to increase/improve premium seating, and the Front Line reportedly has no legroom, useless cupholders and are cramped. And the other luxury option - the Overlook is reported to have a very obstructed view. I have sat in those second floor end zone seats at Hinkle, so I recognize the issue.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I have to believe that something changed between design and construction. Nobody could be that wrong in their design. The Overlook section is a disaster.
    It seems to me that this couldn't have worked even with Plexiglas instead of concrete. All the renderings I saw had Plexiglas, but I don't think that would have changed the issue. I'm not an engineer though, so maybe it can be fixed. I'm told there are plans to revamp it.

Also the Phone book post, might be one of the funniest posts I've read on here in a long time.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    They painted the white walls up top from white to dark blue. It makes the whole place more of an intimidating cavern now. I love it, it is a dangerous place now, not this antiseptic safe space for snowflakes that we used to have.

The Woods was rocking. First game in and already a fan favorite. I want to watch a game there. That place is absolutely brilliant. Man they did that right.

I have mixed feelings about the student section being covered up. Our student section is the best thing about the TAS. I love them and want them to be loud and happy.
    I think with a ceiling over them, they will actually now be louder as the sound will have to be pushed outward instead of up?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Where did they move Byron and joe to? They weren't in their normal space last night.

Quote Originally Posted by xu 89 View Post
    Where did they move Byron and joe to? They weren't in their normal space last night.
    It’s a “new normal”. Joe invited me into their new booth at the Thomas More game. It’s in the Loge level toward the Student section across from the benches.
    They were given an Option to stay on the floor, but would have been near the Xavier bench. This caused 2 problems. First they would be having ambient noise from Chris yelling to the court and second, their view would have been blocked a lot because Chris barely sits down. They decided to move upstairs

I listened to them last night and they really didn’t miss a beat.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    It’s a “new normal”. Joe invited me into their new booth at the Thomas More game. It’s in the Loge level toward the Student section across from the benches.
    They were given an Option to stay on the floor, but would have been near the Xavier bench. This caused 2 problems. First they would be having ambient noise from Chris yelling to the court and second, their view would have been blocked a lot because Chris barely sits down. They decided to move upstairs

I listened to them last night and they really didn’t miss a beat.
    It appears they just gave them an area where there used to be handicap seats, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    It appears they just gave them an area where there used to be handicap seats, is that correct?
    Think you're right. It looks like they're using those areas for the press because there were a couple reporters on the other side near where I sit.

I really like the atmosphere now - it is reminiscent of the Gardens. The new scoreboard below the overlook is pretty nice. Maybe next year they can work on concessions, because the selection is awful. Only saving grace is a Quatman's tent - didn't know it was there before I had gotten something else but I'll definitely check it out next time.

It is odd, though - a lot of people said they got their same seats but around us in 109 it's all new. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it's kind of a strange feeling to have a whole new set of people around you after seeing the same folks since the place opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    It seems to me that this couldn't have worked even with Plexiglas instead of concrete. All the renderings I saw had Plexiglas, but I don't think that would have changed the issue. I'm not an engineer though, so maybe it can be fixed. I'm told there are plans to revamp it.

Also the Phone book post, might be one of the funniest posts I've read on here in a long time.
    Muskie, Glad you enjoyed it! (remember to tip the wait staff)

I think they may have switched to concrete so they could mount the new scoreboard section there. Maybe that wasn't in the original plan.
    I do like the expanded stats on that board. Just glad I can see the front of it from my seats instead of looking at the back of it.

deepX

I love my new seats. Couldn't be happier. I also have a great view of Nuts and Mr Nuts.

Also love the Woods location. The top deck is seriously like you're at a bar and there is a basketball court down below for kicks.

Lighting is spectacular. Really looks good.

Decided to see if I could catch it on TV somehow here in Jacksonville. Sure enough, it was picked up by FOX SUNSHINE, which I believe may have put it on throughout the state. Anyway, and I know I'm biased, the place looks beautiful on television. And I certainly don't miss the skyline court.
    X A V I E R