Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiberianSpecialForces View Post
    I also have never had a problem with people sitting in my seats. If they are, I just ask them to move.. it’s not like they’re gonna get mad when I have a ticket in my hand showing those are my seats. It's almost offensive when 99% of the bottom bowl is sold out to season ticket holders and I have to prove that I actually sit there.

Worse than that, the ushers not allowing people back to their seats until a play stoppage. I’ve always had aisle seats and never had an issue with people blocking my view for extended periods of time. On top of that the usher in our section was not letting people OUT to the concourse to use the restrooms until play stoppages. Oh, and by the way to him “play stoppages” are not fouls or balls out of bounds but timeouts only, so that means I’m watching the game from the top of the stairs for several minutes and a group of 5 people blocking my view... far worse than someone walking past me for a second during play.
    I'm curious if you sit in 103 or 105, because this is the exact problem I had with the usher in my section during the Morehead State game. I was returning from getting beers and was stopped and told to wait. When there was a stoppage in play for a foul, the usher still tried to keep me from going back to my seat (and delivering a beer to Muskie on the way.) It was weird to be stopped in the first place, but then to be told there had to be a timeout before I could go back to my seat was just silly.

At the Rider game, I was asked to show my ticket as I was coming in - 30 minutes prior to tip. I know I look creepy/suspicious, but c'mon man. I wasn't asked for it the rest of the game.

With all the amazing improvements at Cintas I've been reluctant to email X about this issue. Kinda hoping it's just a kink that will work itself out. I'm more intrigued as to why this was implemented in the first place. I've been sitting in the same general area since Cintas opened and have never once had a problem with anyone sitting in my seat. I've also never had a problem with people finding their seats during play - this ain't the symphony.

We were asked to show our tickets before going to our seats in 105 before the Rider game, but not before Morehead State. At halftime, my wife went over to see someone in 103 and wasn’t asked to show anything there or to return to our seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

No, making mouthbreathing chuckleheads wait until a stoppage to go traipsing up and down the stairs and aisles is a wonderful thing. Time your excursions better. I can get from my seat (upper level, 2/3 way up) to the concession/pisser and back almost 100% of the time during a media timeout and if I don't it's no issue to wait to head up the stairs until there's a whistle.

In fact I move that all of you be stopped at the front door and denied entry so that I may enjoy the game in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tardy Turtle View Post
    No, making mouthbreathing chuckleheads wait until a stoppage to go traipsing up and down the stairs and aisles is a wonderful thing. Time your excursions better. I can get from my seat (upper level, 2/3 way up) to the concession/pisser and back almost 100% of the time during a media timeout and if I don't it's no issue to wait to head up the stairs until there's a whistle.

In fact I move that all of you be stopped at the front door and denied entry so that I may enjoy the game in peace.
    I love you.

I think it’s a fine idea to hold people up until there is a stoppage in play. I dont Understand why they make you wait until a timeout though, sounds dumb to me. I’ve never been asked to show my ticket stub, but the same guy has been at the top of the aisle as long as I can remember. Maybe he just knows me, which happens a lot.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Leave it to Tardy to take safe space to a whole new level.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tardy Turtle View Post

I can live with waiting for the next whistle (reluctantly since I can get to my seat without crossing anyone’s line of sight), but waiting until the next timeout is ridiculous. If I leave during a first half media timeout and don’t make it back by the end of it, I’m likely waiting 4 minutes of game time to return to my seats, and can’t see because of other people waiting as well. That’s much worse than someone walking past me during play for a second or two.

Also, not being allowed to go to the restroom when you need to is absurd. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

I suspect this usher was not properly trained, but it’s quite annoying to be treated like a child when I’ve never seen an issue that can’t be resolved with some self-policing amongst the fans.

Sophomore
    I have zero problem with having to show my tickets when going to my seat. How hard is it for you to really pull your ticket out of your pocket for a split second. Also, have zero problem with ushers waiting for a dead ball. I think waiting for a timeout is absurd, but a deadball break should be a good guideline. I HATE when people walk in and out of seats or up the stairs when the ball is in play.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TUclutch View Post
    I have zero problem with having to show my tickets when going to my seat. How hard is it for you to really pull your ticket out of your pocket for a split second. Also, have zero problem with ushers waiting for a dead ball. I think waiting for a timeout is absurd, but a deadball break should be a good guideline. I HATE when people walk in and out of seats or up the stairs when the ball is in play.
    Difficult when you have a beer in each hand (which is really the only reason to leave your seat during the game).
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

this thread is on fire...keep it up