Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If X.......

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'd want us to clean house. Gladdenguy would demand Fr. Graham's ouster. So that wouldn't change.
    So......True.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    I would much rather pay players then have another Dez Wells situation.

Now, if I was a Louisville basketball fan, I might be done with my team. Hookers, hiring and keeping a scumbag of a coach for that long, AND paying players while on probation.......that could do it. However, the Kentucky fans who try to bash Louisville fans......just stop. That is too much.
    I agree 100% on all of this.

I would much rather pay the players than have the student section call themselves The Holy Land.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    My affection for Xavier basketball goes deeper than a coach, a player on the team, or an athletic director. At this point it's the strongest link to the school that contributed to molding me into the person I am. If we were to engage in paying for players while it is against the rules, I would want the responsible parties removed from their positions. But I'll forever be a Xavier fan.
    That's probably true for me too, but I can forgive!

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    I would much rather pay the players than have the student section call themselves The Holy Land.
    Yeah that was disappointing. I'm surprised that got past Coach Mack. Seems like something he could have nixed. Probably Graham's final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Seconded.
    I think rules should be same for all NCAA basketball programs. Very tough to police compliance, but worth the effort I'm home😎

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'd want us to clean house. Gladdenguy would demand Fr. Graham's ouster. So that wouldn't change.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    Yeah that was disappointing. I'm surprised that got past Coach Mack. Seems like something he could have nixed. Probably Graham's final decision.
    Calling it the Holy Land is so sad. I bet the average X graduate can't tell you 3 things about St. Ignatius or what a Jesuit means or any thing "Holy" about what the Catholic church teaches. It is a great school but "light" on Catholicism.
    It is a great school like Marquette, Georgetown, etc. But it is keeping up with secular colleges to be just like or better than others as opposed to stand out as it's Catholic roots. All about the almighty $$. LOVE the basketball team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!