Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Georgetown

Junior

Georgetown

Could Georgetown be a trap game, before our annual trip to The House of a million screws, aka Hinkle ?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    One-hit wonder Tre Campbell no longer plays for Georgetown. He was the one that had a career game at Cintas the last time the Hoyas beat Xavier.

Guys like Jessie Govan and Marcus Derrickson give them a fighting chance, but they don't have much depth either.

No they suck

As long as we go out, and play our game, there's no reason we don't end up with another W. I'm hoping Tre and JP shoot a lot better than last game though, don't want to see a bunch of those while trying to string together results, hopefully Q and Scruggs keep shooting well, I love the plethora of options we have on the offensive floor.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    No they suck
    This.

They suck.

Junior
    Told ya!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    This.

They suck.
    I assume you two have reconsidered.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I assume you two have reconsidered.
    No not really

3-9 in BE

Xavier didn't play like the #6 team in the country and they played better than they normally do.

Georgetown was a very worthy opponent last night. And I disagree that X didn't play like a #6 team. They absolutely did, keeping the game close, making clutch shots, only 8 turnovers, stellar defense that past 8 mins of regulation and the entire overtime and 10-10 in FTs in overtime, an overtime in which they didn't make a basket. No, Xavier played very much like a #6 team. To say the didn't is to diminish the Georgetown's effort. They played what will probably be their best game of the year with hopes that beating the #6 team on their court to enhance their NCAA resume. Their big men had their way down low, especially against Gates. This is not to take a swipe at gates, he was just outsized. My take is, had Xavier not played like a #6 team, they'd have lost by 15 points last night. Tough game, good win.
    Pray the Rosary daily

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Not as amusing as an AP voter who thought Georgetown should have been in the Top 25 back in early December.