Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    Very talented team with the chance to do something special, but let's hold off with some of the "best team we've ever had" talk, this team has a long way to go. I agree with others citing the '16 and '08 teams as the bar to clear, and we could get there certainly, but we're gonna have to deal with a pretty tough Big East slate. We have a very talented team offensively, but I do think we're gonna struggle defending teams with quick, athletic guards.
    To be clear, this is the most impressed I've been with a team at this point in the season. 2004 and 2008 were both better at the end of the season that this team is currently, but I think this team has the highest upside. Luckily we have a coach that I trust to continue fulfilling that upside.

Its incredible how much talent this team has. All 5 starters were top 150 recruits. Out of the 10 players getting minutes, 9 were top 156 recruits, 6 were top 105 recruits, and 4 were top 80 recruits. Of Xaviers 28 best recruits since 2002 9 are on this team, of their 18 best recruits 6 are on this team, and of their 7 best recruits 4 are on this team. This team is absolutely stacked and Mack deserves a ton of credit for that.
    Last edited by MuskieXU; 12-06-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    Very talented team with the chance to do something special, but let's hold off with some of the "best team we've ever had" talk, this team has a long way to go. I agree with others citing the '16 and '08 teams as the bar to clear, and we could get there certainly, but we're gonna have to deal with a pretty tough Big East slate. We have a very talented team offensively, but I do think we're gonna struggle defending teams with quick, athletic guards.
    I agree that this team could be special but there does seem to be a little post-beating-UC euphoria, understandably.

We have a long way to go (a season is a lifetime?).

Health is always a factor (how bad or lingering is Tyrique's tendinitis?)

And, as mentioned, back-up at point guard is a concern. My guess is that Scruggs will get a lot more practice and be better by conference play and further improve into BE and NCAA's and no longer play like a freshman. Sure having a ready-out-of-the-box player at the point would be nice, but look what Q did a freshman after Sumner went down.
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 12-07-2017 at 12:21 AM.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

It’s early and we look good but still have a long way to go on defense. This team has a high ceiling and I think could do great things in March. Matchups and such help a lot come tournament time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    To be clear, this is the most impressed I've been with a team at this point in the season. 2004 and 2008 were both better at the end of the season that this team is currently, but I think this team has the highest upside. Luckily we have a coach that I trust to continue fulfilling that upside.

Its incredible how much talent this team has. All 5 starters were top 150 recruits. Out of the 9 players getting minutes, 8 were top 156 recruits, 6 were top 105 recruits, and 4 were top 80 recruits. Of Xaviers 28 best recruits since 2002 8 are on this team, of their 18 best recruits 6 are on this team, and of their 7 best recruits 4 are on this team. This team is absolutely stacked and Mack deserves a ton of credit for that.
    Whoa, I didn't even realize this, that is some incredible stuff, gotta give Mack credit for not only killing it on the recruiting trail but his coaching and game management as well, we've been growing in exposure, and it's been paying off getting some high level interest from prospects. We have a beautiful thing brewing here.

It so nice to open up ESPN's NCAA Men's Basketball page and see Chris Mack and the team.
    It's been a long, hard road to where we are. I'm enjoying every minute, win or lose.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...awks-no-1-seed
    Last edited by paulxu; 12-07-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I appreciate that we scheduled East Tennessee State for the game after finals. Hopefully, the tradition of the pre-Christmas disaster game is long gone. Seems years past we would have scheduled Baylor or Northern Iowa for this Saturday rather than smartly scheduling a buy game.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    I appreciate that we scheduled East Tennessee State for the game after finals. Hopefully, the tradition of the pre-Christmas disaster game is long gone. Seems years past we would have scheduled Baylor or Northern Iowa for this Saturday rather than smartly scheduling a buy game.
    I still remember the Duke 30 point loss at the Meadowlands the Saturday after exams.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I still remember the Duke 30 point loss at the Meadowlands the Saturday after exams.
    Ugh, I remembered the loss, but not the lousy timing! I guess we were so thrilled to get the almighty Duke (is Puke) to play us, we failed to think too deeply.

Mack had a great tweet on Thursday. (apologies if already noted)

Bluiett, Macura and OMara have never lost an out of conference game at home.

That must feel really good.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."