Big Ten Preview (Wisconsin)

Link

Of Note to X:

4.Maryland, Michigan and Wisconsin have question marks after valuable losses

And what do we make of Wisconsin? Head coach Greg Gard inherited an experienced and talented roster from predecessor Bo Ryan. Unfortunately, Nigel Hayes, Bronson Koenig, Zak Showalter and Vitto Brown all exhausted their eligibilities as Ethan Happ is the team’s only returning double-figure scorer. This is a huge test for the Badgers and Gard. It was always a minimum expectation of Bo Ryan and Wisconsin to at least make the NCAA tournament, regardless of who was on the roster. The Badgers are the only team in the country to make the Sweet 16 six of the last seven seasons. If Gard can make it work and bring Wisconsin back to the NCAAs then he’s definitely the heir apparent to his former boss. But Wisconsin will have to clear up an uncertain backcourt situation while playing a lot of unproven big men along with Happ.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Looking forward to Xavier vs Wisconsin and getting a road kill just like at Michigan. Forget about payback from the tourney ... they made that shot fair and square - good for them and heartbreak for us. That was then, a quality road win this season is what this game means to me.

I got some high upper level tickets via Stub Hub and will look to see if I can get better tickets between now and the game. No tickets via Xavier for this road game.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Ethan Happ might be the only notable Wisconsin player remaining from that game 2 years ago.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Looking forward to Xavier vs Wisconsin and getting a road kill just like at Michigan. Forget about payback from the tourney ... they made that shot fair and square - good for them and heartbreak for us. That was then, a quality road win this season is what this game means to me.

I got some high upper level tickets via Stub Hub and will look to see if I can get better tickets between now and the game. No tickets via Xavier for this road game.
    I too have gone the Stub Hub route and have third deck in the corner. If you run into two that are better I am happy to buy the second one. Happy to return the favor if I find two. Send me a note at bigdaddy.alerding81@gmail.com.

Anyone know if there's a meet up somewhere before the game? I feel like there's usually a Xavier sponsored one for nonconference road games. I know there was for Baylor and Colorado last year.