Greg Christopher Promoted to Thankless Job

Link

Last month Greg Christopher became chairman of the NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions. I didn’t know whether to congratulate the Xavier athletic director or say a prayer. Someone within the quasi-amateur jock-ocracy must not like Christopher at all.
    Thankless job? Being head of the COI is like being a weatherman who only predicts hurricanes. He might be great at his job, but who wants to hear about hurricanes all the time? Even Christopher admits college athletics is “an industry in disruption."
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

It may not be good for Mr. Christopher, but I think it will be good for the game itself.

My guess is they needed someone at the help during this shit-storm that has some integrity and some balls.

I wish him well, for his sake and the game's.
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 10-09-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

I hope he helps dropping the hammer on UNC.
    They were suppose to announce the infraction ruling on Friday, but then held off for "scheduling difficulties."
    Those seemed to be that UNC was having a game on campus and kicking off a capital campaign.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Wow. Following the UNC ruling, the silence on this thread is deafening.

I don't think he had much to do with the decision ? He's been the chair for like 2 weeks or less.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Wow. Following the UNC ruling, the silence on this thread is deafening.
    Yeah, those two replies before hand spoke volumes about how much this board cared...crickets since.

I mean what did you expect? NCAA to actually drop the hammer on one of their darling programs, I wouldn't be surprised if Louisville got out of this with a slap on the wrist. They care more about revenue than student athletes, and it's been that way for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I mean what did you expect? NCAA to actually drop the hammer on one of their darling programs, I wouldn't be surprised if Louisville got out of this with a slap on the wrist. They care more about revenue than student athletes, and it's been that way for a while.
    Different this time with the FBI involved. This will force the hand of the NCAA. We're not talking about taking BS classes and getting free credits for course work.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Different this time with the FBI involved. This will force the hand of the NCAA. We're not talking about taking BS classes and getting free credits for course work.
    That's the only reason I believe this will be different, if this was an NCAA investigation, I would be way less optimistic on how this would play out. The NCAA is a joke of an organization.