Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    How do you prove that you want your gun for protection and not to kill someone?
    Hahah I don't know man. I've sat here and answered all of these asinine questions for awhile now. I think it's a pretty good idea. Is it perfect? No. But it's better than anything I've heard from any of you skeptics.

What is assinine about the questions? Sorry for discussing your idea. I'll just ignore them in the future, I guess.

What is assinine about the questions? Sorry for discussing your idea. I'll just ignore them in the future, I guess.
    You're asking how hypothetical firearm liability insurance would impact someone of a specific gender, race, income level, and city. That is asinine. You know the answer to all of these questions. It would increase the cost of owning a gun by varying amounts depending on a wide array of factors.

I'm glad I know all the answers related to this hypothetical insurance program you just made up.

Again, sorry for taking an interest in your proposal. I'll be sure not to do it again.

I'm glad I know all the answers related to this hypothetical insurance program you just made up.

Again, sorry for taking an interest in your proposal. I'll be sure not to do it again.
    No no, I'm sorry. Here is the answer to your genuine and legitimate concern about black Chicago males:
    It would increase the cost of owning a gun by varying amounts depending on a wide array of factors.
    So nice of you to worry about them.

Why are you being a sarcastic ass? I thought you generally were into discussion of these types of issues. Guess not. Sorry I wasted our time.

Why are you being a sarcastic ass? I thought you generally were into discussion of these types of issues. Guess not. Sorry I wasted our time.
    What do you expect from Drew and CAF? Two peas in a pod.

Las Vegas Shooting

Have they released the details on the weapons used by the shooter? Were they, in fact, fully automatic? A friend’s son who is currently active military, says he thought the sounds he heard could have been from a semi automatic that had been modified with something on the trigger to simulate full automatic while not quite accomplishing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Because I've had enough of these discussions to know the classic conservative talking point about gun violence in Chicago.

As you surely know, Chicago has strong gun laws but enormous gun violence. The issue there are guns coming in via the black market or private sale. If you mandate insurance nationally you could constrict the national glut of guns and hopefully the private sale of them. Make it illegal to sell a gun to someone without insurance. Some gang member with a criminal record gets a gun privately, hold the seller culpable. All in all start promoting a self policing system.

I find this thread interesting. The individual who said yesterday that they did nothing when a bunch of kids were killed so why would anything get done now. We literally have people posting here picking at solutions to try without trying to come up with anything themselves. Their solution is again....nothing. I know I don't have the knowledge of the situation to propose the exact solution here, but I am smart enough to know that doing nothing is wrong. Even O'Reilly called Vegas the price of freedom.