Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    None in fact and I think that's an important point to make. I've lived in cities my entire life, NY, Cincinnati and DC. I completely understand and acknowledge that guns have are vital to culture, life, etc. outside of cities. That being said, they don't just stay in the places where they are purchased.
    I think we’ve stepped into some of the problems with national law gun laws. Bears are scary. Mountain lions are really scary. An angry moose is an effing nightmare. A blanket semi-automatic ban is insensitive to a large swath of America’s geography. Which in my estimation makes the trick identifying proper limitations to the proper populations/cultures.
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    I think we’ve stepped into some of the problems with national law gun laws. Bears are scary. Mountain lions are really scary. An angry moose is an effing nightmare. A blanket semi-automatic ban is insensitive to a large swath of America’s geography. Which in my estimation makes the trick identifying proper limitations to the proper populations/cultures.
    Totally agreed, there is a huge need for nuance. However I think you're being more reasonable than many who don't feel a need for any limitation.

Totally agreed, there is a huge need for nuance. However I think you're being more reasonable than many who don't feel a need for any limitation.
    Again, I don't think you understand what a semi-automatic firearm is or the differences between a revolver, lever action, bolt action or pump action firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Again, I don't think you understand what a semi-automatic firearm is or the differences between a revolver, lever action, bolt action or pump action firearm.
    I've gone over this a few times:
    there is a huge need for nuance.
    Agreed, and also acknowledged that I'm no expert on the subject.
    ..but you keep going back to it. I have to admit using gun-knowledge as a straw man is pretty effective. I stand by my statement that I don't see a realistic need for a semi-automatic shotgun or rifle for home-defense. The need for shotguns you outlined makes sense, are pump-action shotguns not good enough?

Sandy Hook is an effective example of the point I'm trying to make. Lanza killed his mother with a bolt action. When he moved on to the school he switched that out for a semi-automatic. We're all smart enough to understand why he did that and how vital the the extra second a bolt or pump-action takes to discharge again is during a mass shootings.

I've gone over this a few times:

..but you keep going back to it. I have to admit using gun-knowledge as a straw man is pretty effective. I stand by my statement that I don't see a realistic need for a semi-automatic shotgun or rifle for home-defense. The need for shotguns you outlined makes sense, are pump-action shotguns not good enough?

Sandy Hook is an effective example of the point I'm trying to make. Lanza killed his mother with a bolt action. When he moved on to the school he switched that out for a semi-automatic. We're all smart enough to understand why he did that and how vital the the extra second a bolt or pump-action takes to discharge again is during a mass shootings.
    How can you say what is necessary or not when you don't even know what you're talking about?

Are pump action good enough?
    "Excuse me home intruder. Wait one second while I pump this shotgun in between shots. I would normally just pull the trigger but Congress and Caf thought this was good enough."

Junior
    How can you say what is necessary or not when you don't even know what you're talking about?

Are pump action good enough?
    "Excuse me home intruder. Wait one second while I pump this shotgun in between shots. I would normally just pull the trigger but Congress and Caf thought this was good enough."
    Well, at least you didn't use the idiotic "we need automatic weapons to protect us from government takeover" argument.

3% own half the guns. 78% don't have one. I don't have a horse in the gun debate, I just wish these nuts would stop shooting our kids.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    3% own half the guns. 78% don't have one. I don't have a horse in the gun debate, I just wish these nuts would stop shooting our kids.
    Look at the stats dummie. People with a CCW license are less likely to commit crimes than the average citizen and less likely than police officers. But yes the average law abiding gun owner is the problem...sure...

Look at the stats dummie. People with a CCW license are less likely to commit crimes than the average citizen and less likely than police officers. But yes the average law abiding gun owner is the problem...sure...
    Perhaps you should reread my post. Didn't say any of that.
    2023 Sweet 16

Because I have a home...