Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Have wondered for awhile if recruits havent been choosing X this cycle because of all the talk the past couple years of Mack appearing on the short-short list of every major opening, possibly as the top target of many. Imagine opposing coaches, "Sure, he's turned down jobs, but it's only a matter of time before he gets an offer he can't refuse." Given the ramped up talk now about Mack/L'ville, have to think recruits will be especially wary of committing to X for next year. That is, unless there's nowhere else to go once the dust settles!

Maybe that's possible? But frankly, most of the talk gets shut down quickly. I would imagine other coaches using it against Xavier when in a recruiting battle, but if that's the best they got, I'm okay with it.

Xavier has been killing it in recruiting, an off year happens even among the best programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    Maybe that's possible? But frankly, most of the talk gets shut down quickly. I would imagine other coaches using it against Xavier when in a recruiting battle, but if that's the best they got, I'm okay with it.

Xavier has been killing it in recruiting, an off year happens even among the best programs.
    Problem is it’s not the best year to have an off year considering they were hoping for a 5 man class. Getting stuck with Brandon Randolph and Kamall Richards is one thing, Jake Walter + 4 backup options is another

40 of the top 100 players are still uncommitted. I am sure there are several in the 100 to 150 range as well. Xavier will be fine. May need to get a 5th year transfer and a regular transfer at some point and a juco. It happens.

Sophomore

Except it's not the best they've got. We're not recruiting against St. Joe's and Dayton anymore.

Like who? If you don't think striking out on a complete class won't hurt X, you're kidding yourself.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by M13 View Post
    Going by Mack's recent unfollows it wont be us
    but he's still following Jaxson Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    but he's still following Jaxson Hayes
    Noo. That's Christi Mack.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Noo. That's Christi Mack.
    Time to start the Christi Mack to Louisville rumors
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Like who? If you don't think striking out on a complete class won't hurt X, you're kidding yourself.
    Do you believe that we'll strike out on the entire class? There are still 5+ on the list.