Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    basketball is much more reliant on individual players than football. simple as that

Yeah, Kansas has some splainin' to do....
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Pitino and Louisville also settled their disputes today. No money to Rick. But he does get to put resigned on his resume now, instead of fired. He'll be coaching again soon.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Pitino and Louisville also settled their disputes today. No money to Rick. But he does get to put resigned on his resume now, instead of fired. He'll be coaching again soon.
    This happened like a week ago. Pitino got every penny he deserved in my estimation. Changing his termination from fired to resigned should help as long as his intended next employer has spent the least five years under a rock and doesn't have access to the Internet.

I was a crazy huge Louisville fan growing up. I'm not back to being a fan by any means, but now that Pitino and Petrino are gone I don't despise them nearly as much. Beating them in the NCAA Tournament, even though it was just a Round of 64 game and not a game in the later rounds, is probably still one of my two or three favorite Xavier wins of all time. It was great!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    That can't be good for Sean Miller. Unless its possible he had nothing to do with it or knowledge of it but I would find that hard to believe.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Of course Sean knows, because everyone in the game knows. But payments from Nike isn't the same as payments from Arizona.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Of course Sean knows, because everyone in the game knows. But payments from Nike isn't the same as payments from Arizona.
    Then why was Rick Pitino fired?

Payments regardless of who from matter if the coach knows.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I don't know why Pitino was fired.