Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Unfortunately it doesn't make me feel better.
    What you say may be true; maybe the NCAA's hands were tied.
    But one would have to be extremely naive to think Williams and Smith and their coaches didn't know what was going on...as they laughed their way to a place we can only hope to reach some day.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I'm sure they knew. I'm sure all the assistant coaches knew. I'm sure that all of the support staff knew. I'm sure that the majority of the academic advisors on campus knew, and I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of the 13,000 students knew. Any class or professor that's an easy A on any campus in America is typically known about.

If you want a similar scandal, look up what happened with Eastern Oklahoma State and how over 100 div1 schools used online classes from that school to get athletes eligible. That one was probably actually worse.
    Last edited by xubrew; 07-26-2019 at 07:47 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Bad link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

They both worked for me on a different computer as well. Try this one:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...235306247.html
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    Yeah I dont believe anything the media says related to this issue. At the beginning of this, the FBI and the media acted like this was going to change the college basketball landscape and clean it up. Bunch of bs....Pitino was fired, and some assistant coaches at other programs got in trouble..mind blown. Guarantee programs are still cheating their asses and nothing will ever happen to most of them.

Junior
    I'm surprised the NCAA hasn't gone after football more. Their golden goose is basketball, so it stands to reason they would tread lightly. They could pick on football without much financial consequences. That said, I have long thought Kansas was running a slimy operation. I hope they get taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    They both worked for me on a different computer as well. Try this one:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...235306247.html
    Thanks. That one worked. I tried on both my iPhone and iPad and the first link returned a 404 file not found error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yeah I dont believe anything the media says related to this issue. At the beginning of this, the FBI and the media acted like this was going to change the college basketball landscape and clean it up. Bunch of bs....Pitino was fired, and some assistant coaches at other programs got in trouble..mind blown. Guarantee programs are still cheating their asses and nothing will ever happen to most of them.
    The wheels of justice many times move slowly

Don’t know what you expected as far as a time line, but when a simple open and shut case of robbery sometimes taking years to go through the court system, why would anyone expect a complicated situation like this to be finished quickly? The NCAA said from the beginning that it would wait for the court cases to be settled before even beginning their process. This won’t be over for at least a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I'm surprised the NCAA hasn't gone after football more. Their golden goose is basketball, so it stands to reason they would tread lightly. They could pick on football without much financial consequences. That said, I have long thought Kansas was running a slimy operation. I hope they get taken down.
    I don't think this particular problem runs as rampant in football. Football definitely has its problems, but not apparel companies working with agents who work through college and AAU coaches in ways that are illegal. Most football issues revolve around boosters, and while much of that is against NCAA rules, there is usually nothing criminal about it that would concern the FBI.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White