Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    You can get anything at Louisville...money, sex. Next thing you know they'll be in violation of distributing drugs and rock n' roll.
    Xaveriana, one that bleeds blue

The crazy part is this is just the beginning. And it's about to get wild with how many teams/coaches are involved.

Feds evidently saying the going rate for the top players is $100-150k. They're even giving a specific number to call with any relevant information. Have to wonder who tries to save their own behind by giving up others.

The bad news for the defendants is that this is the FBI and not the NCAA so these guys will actually get real penalties. The schools might not, but the people involved will. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, the NCAA actually does.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    The bad news for the defendants is that this is the FBI and not the NCAA so these guys will actually get real penalties. The schools might not, but the people involved will. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, the NCAA actually does.
    If the assistants were using some of the funds to pay players, I would think the schools are gong to get hammered. I foresee some big time programs (Louisville, Arizona) going on probation.

As for federal crime penalties, a criminal lawyer once told me, "The feds don't investigate and indict people with the expectation that the defendant will plead and get probation. The feds almost always want jail time."

One thing seems clear to me, these coaches will now think twice about paying players if it could end the coach up in jail.
    Last edited by XU 87; 09-26-2017 at 12:13 PM.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    If Louisville gets hammered by the NCAA, they would be in line for the "Repeat Violator" rule.

In short, they are now eligible for the NCAA Death Penalty. I'm certainly not holding my breath for that to happen, though.

I can't lie. As long as X stays out of this, I will find this incredibly entertaining.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

The Vampire in Louisville is finally done. Hope Mack stays. They have a solid case on these guys or they wouldn't have released all of this along with the court documents.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I can't lie. As long as X stays out of this, I will find this incredibly entertaining.
    Completely agree.. But I'll still be holding my breath till X is 100% in the clear

All-Conference
    Cue the 30 for 30 music.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    If Louisville gets hammered by the NCAA, they would be in line for the "Repeat Violator" rule.

In short, they are now eligible for the NCAA Death Penalty. I'm certainly not holding my breath for that to happen, though.
    At a minimum, Louisville should get at least three years probation and not be permitted to play in the NCAA tourney.