Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Haha. Sometimes you can't be on the rails and explain something that is off the rails.

I fear that one of these days, the NCAA is going to go off the rails. We may be faced with a world where the NCAA is unable to fairly and effectively control everything, and where people start to question it. That day may be coming!
    It's kinda already here, isn't it?

If nothing else, the North Carolina scandal that wasn't in the eyes of the NCAA showed that.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    It's kinda already here, isn't it?

If nothing else, the North Carolina scandal that wasn't in the eyes of the NCAA showed that.
    Yes. I was making a joke.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Book got three months in the clink.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Hearing the judge refer to Arizona as the victim is just baffling.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm assuming it is white collar resort prison, and not federal pound me in the a prison?

So how much money did the government spend on this to send someone to jail for 3 months?

Junior
    At least someone is paying a price for what happened
    The bigger question is How did Miller skate in this whole deal, and how much did lil' brother Archie know ? And when will the UL mess get resolved ?

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    At least someone is paying a price for what happened
    The bigger question is How did Miller skate in this whole deal, and how much did lil' brother Archie know ? And when will the UL mess get resolved ?
    It’s all done. The NCAA will spend a few years acting like they are investigating and no one will be punished. It will be business as usual. Arizona just signed a monster class with three one and done first round picks. Crazy.

Not so fast......CBS Sports is reporting that the NCAA will allege that MAJOR violations took place at SIX schools. They are not naming those schools right now, but expect the schools mentioned in the court cases to be among those six. Two of them will receive their notice in July. Upwards of 20 schools were mentioned in the court cases and the NCAA investigations will continue.

The NCAA was asked to hold off on any further action until after the federal court cases were done, but evidently that didn’t mean that they were not conducting investigations, only that they were not moving beyond the investigations until now.

This is going to get interesting!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Not so fast......CBS Sports is reporting that the NCAA will allege that MAJOR violations took place at SIX schools. They are not naming those schools right now, but expect the schools mentioned in the court cases to be among those six. Two of them will receive their notice in July. Upwards of 20 schools were mentioned in the court cases and the NCAA investigations will continue.

The NCAA was asked to hold off on any further action until after the federal court cases were done, but evidently that didn’t mean that they were not conducting investigations, only that they were not moving beyond the investigations until now.

This is going to get interesting!
    I’ll believe it when I see it... or when North Carolina actually gets punished for the academic scandal. I won’t hold my breath.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"