Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    For what it's worth, it bothers me zero if he got paid.

The system is corrupt and the last person I'd fault is the player.
    Agreed.

I dont want Xavier being complicit, but the only time it might bother me if they got paid is if it is found out while still here.

Check out Dan Wetzel's article on Bill Self.

There is so much evidence that was presented that he knew about Silvio De Sousa's guardian getting payments and little evidence that Silvio De Sousa himself even knew about the payments to his guardian. So De Sousa is suspended indefinitely while Self continues to coach.

Again the NCAA cares zilch about their student athletes. They are always the only ones held to any consequences.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Also there isnt even any proof that any of the players listed even knew of this dudes plans involving them. Just because he had them targeted doesnt mean there was ever even any contact.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Also there isnt even any proof that any of the players listed even knew of this dudes plans involving them. Just because he had them targeted doesnt mean there was ever even any contact.
    For the most part I agree, except on sumner. I'm pretty sure sumner got paid, the only question in my mind, is when. Reason I feel that way is sumner's walk on roommate was mentioned...I mean why else would that person even be mentioned unless Dawkins and sumner had some type of relationship?

Now with that said, there doesn't seem to be any hard evidence, so unless there is more such as tapes or transactions that can be accounted for, none of these schools are getting into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    For the most part I agree, except on sumner. I'm pretty sure sumner got paid, the only question in my mind, is when. Reason I feel that way is sumner's walk on roommate was mentioned...I mean why else would that person even be mentioned unless Dawkins and sumner had some type of relationship?

Now with that said, there doesn't seem to be any hard evidence, so unless there is more such as tapes or transactions that can be accounted for, none of these schools are getting into trouble.
    Yeah Sumner has been tied to this for a while. I agree.

Sophomore
    1. That list is rather large, and I don't know how Dawkins, with a fledgling agency in its infancy, would have paid all these players the monthly payments contemplated.

2. Also, I think the article mentions that the emails that discussed the proposed plan of payment was dated in late August or early September. Dawkins was arrested on September 26th of the same year. So that timeline of events makes me think this plan (the one involving Tre, not Ed) probably didn't end up coming to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

Sumner was already gone at the time this presentation / proposal was given (I'm pretty sure). there woudl be absolutely nothing wrong with the arrangement Dawkins had with Sumner. And, can we exclude teh possibility that Sumner said he'd go along with it ONLY if his roomate was hired on as part of the team? Kind of a condition to the arrangement.

I'm a little worried, but not that much. I think its a much bigger deal if the coaches were in on it, or knew anything about it.

I think the article said the "plans" to pay Sumner and others were to start in September 2017.

He was already drafted at that point.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    The Sumner loan was post-draft
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I think the article said the "plans" to pay Sumner and others were to start in September 2017.

He was already drafted at that point.
    Yeah I think the Sumner stuff has been known as being post-draft for a while; he just happens to be grouped on the same list as the others.

The NCAA is so pissed at Louisville, Kentucky, Arizona and Kansas that they placed BYU on probation today.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-co...down-byu-over/

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The NCAA is so pissed at Louisville, Kentucky, Arizona and Kansas that they placed BYU on probation today.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-co...down-byu-over/
    Lol. Harsh penalty for $12,000 dollars which was used for vacations.