Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Will Teflon Coach K and the Dukies face any stiff questioning over Zion Willamson either??? I highly doubt it.
    Hell no...the ncaa has to keep their cash cow protected and the facade that there is a model of a school that does "things the right way."

I was wondering how they could play this guy after paying him. Guess they don't want to forfeit the games he plays:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...artanntp&pfr=1
    2023 Sweet 16

Maybe they should suspend Self also, as there are text messages indicating he know about the payment.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    https://sports.yahoo.com/feds-give-n...030502043.html

Looks like the feds are about to give the NCAA the green light to officially start investigating schools like Louisville and Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/feds-give-n...030502043.html

Looks like the feds are about to give the NCAA the green light to officially start investigating schools like Louisville and Kansas.
    We, of course, don’t know how this all going to play out in the end, but.....

A key point is that the feds have powers that the NCAA do not. They can investigate people that the NCAA can not force to either testify or answer questions. People not under NCAA control. But the NCAA can use all of the information that the feds came up with, including reams of information that wasn’t used in the trials because it didn’t bolster the feds legal case, but may show that NCAA rules were broken.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    We, of course, don’t know how this all going to play out in the end, but.....

A key point is that the feds have powers that the NCAA do not. They can investigate people that the NCAA can not force to either testify or answer questions. People not under NCAA control. But the NCAA can use all of the information that the feds came up with, including reams of information that wasn’t used in the trials because it didn’t bolster the feds legal case, but may show that NCAA rules were broken.
    The NCAA can't go solely by what the Feds unearthed - they tried to use the Freeh Report to slam Penn State with football sanctions before many of those penalties were overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    The NCAA can't go solely by what the Feds unearthed - they tried to use the Freeh Report to slam Penn State with football sanctions before many of those penalties were overturned.
    Point isn’t that they will rely on the feds information entirely, it’s that the feds can get additional information that the NCAA couldn’t get on their own.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

And Blueitt and former walk on Mitchell

So, if Mack knew (I doubt it), then Louisville really messed up!!!
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!