Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I think my biggest thought on this would be if we're cheating, who did we get that was worth cheating for? None of our guys were NBA Lottery picks, or anything like that you know? We're good enough to be like "huh let's look into them" but not in terms of NBA success to be "these guys had to of cheated", and that's no knock on our program, we develop our talent, and do well for ourselves, but let's face it, if we were cheating, I'd be SHOCKED.
    Well, I don't think just NBA guys are getting paid. Even with the info from the other day (saying about half of the 16 teams revealed on selection show past Sunday would be in trouble) I don't think X would be part of it. The only concern here is the association with Book.

All-Conference
    I have a hard time believing X is completely free of sin here (or any other high profile school). Hopefully not the paying of players, or providing gifts for families, but we do have a deal with Nike, and alot of bad things can come from those deals (kickbacks, influence, bribes etc, etc).

If we come out of this smelling like roses, it even further raises the profile of Chris Mack as the best coach in America, and positions X to take the potential leap into blue blood territory over the next 1-2 decades.
    Last edited by drudy23; 02-16-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I have a hard time believing X is completely free of sin here (or any other high profile school). Hopefully not the paying of players, or providing gifts for families, but we do have a deal with Nike, and alot of bad things can come from those deals (kickbacks, influence, bribes etc, etc).

If we come out of this smelling like roses, it even further raises the profile of Chris Mack as the best coach in America, and positions X to take the potential leap into blue blood territory over the next 1-2 decades.
    Agreed. We could very easily get tied to all of this through recruiting certain players and Nike's "involvement". Guilty by association.......could be in play.

So there is a chance today's loss is going to be vacated! I think we just won the Big East!!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Louisville's NCAA fate being announced momentarily. Granted, I think this is just hooker scandal related. More to come on the FBI scandal. That's a lot of layers of scandal.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Louisville's NCAA fate being announced momentarily. Granted, I think this is just hooker scandal related. More to come on the FBI scandal. That's a lot of layers of scandal.
    This was the appeal...really only thing that came out of this is the banner being taken down, which whatever...

Last edited by bourbonman; 02-20-2018 at 11:50 AM. Reason: correcting the link, I hope
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    This was the appeal...really only thing that came out of this is the banner being taken down, which whatever...
    There's quite a bit of cash fines involved, too, I believe (including giving back NCAA unit money). That's more important than normal for Louisville, because the backlash to getting rid of Pitino and Jurich from fans/donors has left Louisville much less flush with cash than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonman View Post
    Clicking that link gives me whiplash. Whoa. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Clicking that link gives me whiplash. Whoa. LOL
    I'm not skilled at linking. I'll send out a carrier pigeon momentarily. Sorry
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!