Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Suddenly not landing any of the big name recruits next year seems a little better
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

After the farce that was the NCAA investigation of UNC's 15 year long academic scam job to win championships, I hope the Feds throw the book at 'em all.
    Let them start from scratch and build programs the correct way.
    All I can hope is that the combination of our last 3/4 coaches and Sister Rose has protected our program.
    Who knows.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Hope this actually comes to fruition but I'm skeptical. This crap has been going on for decades and schools mostly just get slaps on the wrist. Cheating has paid very well for a while now, hopefully that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I’m torn. I’d like to see some surgical strikes for some programs I particularly detest, but I hate to see the entire sport get tarnished. And leave X the hell alone!
    I highly doubt X is implicated in this, I don't see Steele, Murray, or Mack needing to resort to those tactics considering we've been a successful program without it, I'd like to believe our alma mater holds themselves to a higher standard than that. The way that article sounds though, it makes it seem like some Blue Bloods are about to get gutted, and that could be a major problem in the long run. This whole situation has gotten a whole lot messier.

Forgot to add that I wish Book Richardson wasn't part of this whole deal. Worries me about some of our recruits from NY area.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

ASU chants as zona leaves court at half time “FBI. FBI FBI. “

Welp. Kansas is an Adidas School. Hmmmm.
    I’m also convinced that Bruce Pearl and Rick Barnes are dirty as hell.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I know some AAU folk, when KU got Wiggins they call Self ‘Dollar Bill’. They meant he finally paid up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my biggest thought on this would be if we're cheating, who did we get that was worth cheating for? None of our guys were NBA Lottery picks, or anything like that you know? We're good enough to be like "huh let's look into them" but not in terms of NBA success to be "these guys had to of cheated", and that's no knock on our program, we develop our talent, and do well for ourselves, but let's face it, if we were cheating, I'd be SHOCKED.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I think my biggest thought on this would be if we're cheating, who did we get that was worth cheating for? None of our guys were NBA Lottery picks, or anything like that you know? We're good enough to be like "huh let's look into them" but not in terms of NBA success to be "these guys had to of cheated", and that's no knock on our program, we develop our talent, and do well for ourselves, but let's face it, if we were cheating, I'd be SHOCKED.
    Could it be we are just offering Buicks, and not the Lexus hardtop convertible? Could that take on new meaning now?