Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    A couple interesting parts of the Yahoo article:

Or that a head coach as famously detail-oriented as Miller wouldn’t know how his longest-tenured assistant was operating.

I would bet as follows that 1) Richardson never told Miller about these payments 2) because Miller didn't want to "know" about these payments and 3) Miller generally knew what was going on but necessarily wanted not to be informed so he could 4) claim if and when they got caught, "I didn't know. No one told me about these payments. Not Book. Not anyone."

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I would bet as follows that 1) Richardson never told Miller about these payments 2) because Miller didn't want to "know" about these payments and 3) Miller generally knew what was going on but necessarily wanted not to be informed so he could 4) claim if and when they got caught, "I didn't know. No one told me about these payments. Not Book. Not anyone."
    Prolly accurate as hell.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich...fired for cause.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    All this done by interim president (last one fired) and basically a new board. They have clean up in all aspects of the university.

Watch the lawsuits fly. Pitino has already gone after Adidas and he'll go after his $44M from the school. Jurich will join because he claims and doesn't appear to be "directly" involved in the wrongdoings. Board of Trustees must go after former president and administration for mismanagement of funds and endowments. Going to be going on for while unless things are settled quickly. Too much money on all issues to be settled quickly.

And firing Jurich cuts the buyout of football coach Petrino in half. Bye-bye to him since there's going to be loads of openings around the country.
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonman View Post
    And firing Jurich cuts the buyout of football coach Petrino in half. Bye-bye to him since there's going to be loads of openings around the country.
    In a normal year, probably true, but Louisville has the Heisman Trophy winner on the roster and is terrible. That's not the recipe for getting people excited to hire the coach away. Particularly one with Petrino's baggage.

In a normal year, probably true, but Louisville has the Heisman Trophy winner on the roster and is terrible. That's not the recipe for getting people excited to hire the coach away. Particularly one with Petrino's baggage.
    This coupled with my belief he’s never stayed anywhere long enough to survive his own recruits. Last couple of years of strong defese were Charlie Strong’s defensive recruits. He’s a hell f a QB coach and play caller but it’s getting thin at UofL. If he has the chance the jump he should, IMO.

Maybe Greg Christopher can convince Dan McDonnell (baseball) and Jeff Walz (women's basketball) to take 90% paycuts and come to Xavier!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bourbonman View Post
    This coupled with my belief he’s never stayed anywhere long enough to survive his own recruits. Last couple of years of strong defese were Charlie Strong’s defensive recruits. He’s a hell f a QB coach and play caller but it’s getting thin at UofL. If he has the chance the jump he should, IMO.
    Good riddance as far as I am concerned. I was against the hire in the first place, one being that I think the guy is quite overrated in the first place, two gave the school a big middle finger the first time he left, and three his personal issues. I'm tired of paying for a mediocre product ever since he was hired.

This is mostly in jest, but Jurich should have been canned the moment he decided to hire back this clown.

Supporting Member
    One left to go...Petrino should follow him out the door due to the mediocre product he has been leading since he returned.

Transcript of Rick Pitino interview yesterday. Long read. Looks like a longer road for University of Louisville and community.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36684884/t...lled-my-dreams