Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Maybe that's why he was going there? ;)
    DING ! DING! Give that man a prize!! And, if it's true, do you want him here?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I believe the payments were made to 2017 recruits, not 2018. Assuming Brian Bowen and Lonnie Walker? Not 100% sure though.

If he took cash, he'll probably be permanently ineligible.

Louisville coach Rick Pitino was asked about Bowen's commitment in June.
    "We got lucky on this one," Pitino said at the time. "I had an AAU director call me and say, 'Would you be interested in a basketball player?' I said ... 'Yeah, I'd be really interested.' But [Bowen and his people] had to come in unofficially, pay for their hotels, pay for their meals. So we spent zero dollars recruiting a five-star athlete who I loved when I saw him play. In my 40-some-odd years of coaching, this is the luckiest I've been."

Wow... that says it all right there. "We paid zero dollars"... "This is the luckiest I've been"... If it's too good to be true it often is. This is going to be the thing that FINALLY brings down slick Rick.
    I'm not saying I'm happy about it, as a Xavier fan, obviously as long as there's someone in the head coach position at Louisville with a last name something different than Mack then that's one less thing to worry about, but I'm certainly not a fan of Ricky. He's always seemed like a mafia type. Jesh, I just keep reading that statement over and over again and think what a slimeball he is. He MUST have known.
    Gosh this business is getting corrupt... perhaps it always has been and I'm naive, but wow... I hope this is limited in scope and is not the new norm on how recruiting happens.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    I believe the payments were made to 2017 recruits, not 2018. Assuming Brian Bowen and Lonnie Walker? Not 100% sure though.
    From Reddit - looks like Miami hasn't exchanged funds yet, but there appears to be a bidding war for a 2018 recruit w/ Lousville - so NOT Bey.

University-7 is Miami FL. It looks like in reading those allegations, money hadn't necessarily switched hands yet, but in recruiting a player they were in a bidding war with a rival school getting to upwards of $150k for a class of 2018 player. That rival school is Univesity-4, which is Louisville IIRC.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If he took cash, he'll probably be permanently ineligible.
    I feel comfortable saying he didn't. His high school's tuition is $40,000+.

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    From Reddit - looks like Miami hasn't exchanged funds yet, but there appears to be a bidding war for a 2018 recruit w/ Lousville - so NOT Bey.

University-7 is Miami FL. It looks like in reading those allegations, money hadn't necessarily switched hands yet, but in recruiting a player they were in a bidding war with a rival school getting to upwards of $150k for a class of 2018 player. That rival school is Univesity-4, which is Louisville IIRC.
    Louisville is University-6

All-Conference
    Perhaps this opens up recruits for the crappy class for next year. Get on the horn Mack!!!

Watching the news conference. These assistant coaches are toast.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!