Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    It would be a beautiful irony if a scandal like this forced the NCAA to pay players. Ensure amateurism by the school paying them instead of someone else.

My best friend is a criminal investigator for the public defense. He told me once that real life isn't like TV. He told me almost everyone talks in the end. It is literally a foregone conclusion.

I was sitting at home last night thinking about this and it made me wonder about this whole thing. I wondered if part of Mack's decision making process regarding jobs was the ability to recruit right (this assumes he isn't involved in this or his assistants). Now that Pitino has been axed this would make that job and others that pay a lot a bit more appealing.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Book Richardson Asst. at X from 07-09
    NCAA makes rule that HCs are responsible for actions of the whole program in 2013 (though it doesn't seem like they enforce that, per usual)
    FBI investigation began in 2015

There is absolutely no "dirty connection" to X in this because of Book Richardson. He hasn't been affiliated with Xavier in 8 years lol!
    FBI investigation started in 2015
    Yeah, ok, but just because the investigation started in 2015 doesn't mean nothing before then matters. Since they got Book, what's to stop him for cutting a deal by giving up everything he's been involved in? That could conceivably come back on us, since he was here for three years. I haven't read the details, but I doubt that he got caught doing something wrong for the first time. I don't think the question should be when the investigation started as much as it should be do we have any oddities among recruiting or anything that could potentially hit us?

This is gonna be a lot uglier before it's done, and I think some on here are celebrating a bit too quickly.

What players/recruits at X during his tenure here (or at any time, for that matter) would have drawn shoe companies interest and such payments?

Semaj? I just don't see it.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    What players/recruits at X during his tenure here (or at any time, for that matter) would have drawn shoe companies interest and such payments?

Semaj? I just don't see it.
    Yeah I don't either. Would Book have any connections to Crawford?

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    Yeah I don't either. Would Book have any connections to Crawford?
    Well Book pushed athletes to a particular agency. The agent that manages JCraw and Semaj was raided. There's not necessarily a connection there, but either way I don't see how that implicates the school in anyway.

FBI has arrested several NCAA asst. basketball coaches in a corruption scheme.

the only thing that would make this better is if Lavar ball was the initial whistle blower, pissed that no shoe company would go in with him on big baller brand, so he exposed them

having used the money for Lonzo to go to UCLA as seed money for BBB
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

This might start some phones ringing:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...e10l0a3cb57wdw
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

It's almost eerie how much this reminds me of the steroids scandal. We all pretty much knew coaches were cheating and that the AAU was a cesspool but we really didn't want to think about it. Now that it's out in the open I think we're going to see - just like steroids - just how widespread this all is.

Gonna guess that it doesn't stop with just shoes either.....uniforms, naming rights, private suites, etc. anywhere that money comes into play and there are companies involved in college sports you have the potential for abuses.

If the NCAA does t come down with the stiffest possible sanctions it can, then this is the beginning of the end for the NCAA.

Just remember what killed the golden goose.....