Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Brew, do you want the NCAA to lose ? Because if they do, and players are paid, it's going to be really difficult for schools like X. The BE doesn't have the deep deep pockets that the BIG, ACC, SEC have. Lots of D1 bball schools will be relegated to D II status. So be careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Brew, do you want the NCAA to lose ? Because if they do, and players are paid, it's going to be really difficult for schools like X. The BE doesn't have the deep deep pockets that the BIG, ACC, SEC have. Lots of D1 bball schools will be relegated to D II status. So be careful what you wish for.
    I don't really know what I want, but I don't think it matters because I think we are way past that. I think they're going to lose whether I or anyone else wants them to or not. I think they're going to continue to fight it and then end up losing all control after they lose the fight. I would suggest they try to work it so they don't keep getting taken to court and getting their asses kicked. To do that they are going to have to make concessions that they don't want to make, which is why they're not doing it. But I think that sooner or later we will get to a point to where they really wish they had.
    Last edited by xubrew; 06-26-2019 at 12:55 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

2023 Sweet 16

shocking.......

Sophomore
    This writer thinks the NCAA will go after the coaches as opposed to the institution. Would be good news for NC state and Louisville.
    https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...232511232.html
    Last edited by Xavgrad08; 07-13-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Chuck "Rifleman" Person, a former assistant at Auburn University was found guilty of accepting $91k in bribes but has avoided jail time and instead has been assigned 200 hours of community service. Sounds like that despite 13 years in the NBA that 'generosity' to others quickly left him broke. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ison/39694545/
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

The NCAA continues to stick their heads in the sand on the beach so they can avoid having to look at the high tide that's coming in. They keep losing big in court. I know I keep repeating this, but eventually they will lose any ability to control what kinds of compensation players are and are not allowed to receive. This is a little old, but still...

https://www.apnews.com/05258cef8e224f3d986ac546cbb8976b
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Rick Carter

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I get that it would be unfair for some schools to do this sort of thing with recruits, while others didn't, but it still feels kind of backwards. An educational system like the NCAA is poo pooing a move that helped a student get his act together to qualify for further educational opportunities. A lot of kids have the ability, they just don't always have the focus. Violations or not, that strategy helped this one person at least get to try college as an option. I don't know who it is they are talking about or if he's doing well elsewhere. The head coach should know that sort of thing wouldn't fly, but you still want to help when you know a person's potential is there and they just need the right guidance.