Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Wow, what a bunch of babies. Look, this kid isn't a 12 year old little girl gymnast. He's an 18 year old young man who has been highly recruited by schools across the country. He knows exactly what he signed up for. He had many excellent options, hours of wooing, advice, and consideration. And he chose Xavier, temporarily.
    Meanwhile, Xavier chases kids around the country, selling the excellence of the school and the program. We are lucky enough to have a young man commit to X, a way of life, a group of teammates, and we justifiably depend on that young man's commitment. But then he decides to quit? To leave? That he's "homesick" or that some other commitment has suddenly become more important?
    I'm sorry, but I don't applaud that behavior. This kid left a program and a group of other young men high and dry. One of you told me to "fuck off" - which is exactly what Ridder said to Xavier, and Trevon Blueitt, and Chris Mack.
    I'm not happy about it, and I think this kid owes Xavier an apology. he doesn't owe ME anything, but he owes Chris Mack and every coach and team member a personal, heartfelt apology. Pretty sure that ain't happening based on what I've seen of this kid's character so far.
    For entertainment purposes only, here are some of my favorite sanctimonious comments:

Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    Completely unnecessary
    It's 90 degrees today. And yet there are snowflakes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodburn View Post
    Fuck off.
    Geez, that's a little strong isn't it Mrs Ridder? Check yourself counselor.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodburn View Post
    Guys hiding behind an online username trashing an 18 year old with a real name.
    Feel free to post your real name fruitcake.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I expect better from Xavier people, then again who,knows if these are really Xavier people anyway?
    Good point - it could be that I've been a moderator here for almost ten years despite being a huge Dayton fan.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    The only thing stronger than the contempt I feel for posts like those is the pity I feel for those that make them.
    Aww. That's touching. The depth of your sensitivity is impressive. I'll be sure to turn in my reflection paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadlife View Post
    I'd like to add that Zeus is entirely out of line with his remarks, especially as an "official" of this forum.
    ENTIRELY out of line, or just a little? Grow up Roadlife.

Coddle this defenseless innocent little boy all you want, but he fucked over a lot of people. Would be funny to see what some of you people would think if X told Ridder that they had changed their minds and revoked his scholarship.

I wish Ridder the exact amount of luck I wish other non-Xavier players.

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    Wow, what a bunch of babies. Look, this kid isn't a 12 year old little girl gymnast. He's an 18 year old young man who has been highly recruited by schools across the country. He knows exactly what he signed up for. He had many excellent options, hours of wooing, advice, and consideration. And he chose Xavier, temporarily.
    Meanwhile, Xavier chases kids around the country, selling the excellence of the school and the program. We are lucky enough to have a young man commit to X, a way of life, a group of teammates, and we justifiably depend on that young man's commitment. But then he decides to quit? To leave? That he's "homesick" or that some other commitment has suddenly become more important?
    I'm sorry, but I don't applaud that behavior. This kid left a program and a group of other young men high and dry. One of you told me to "fuck off" - which is exactly what Ridder said to Xavier, and Trevon Blueitt, and Chris Mack.
    I'm not happy about it, and I think this kid owes Xavier an apology. he doesn't owe ME anything, but he owes Chris Mack and every coach and team member a personal, heartfelt apology. Pretty sure that ain't happening based on what I've seen of this kid's character so far.
    For entertainment purposes only, here are some of my favorite sanctimonious comments:

Good point - it could be that I've been a moderator here for almost ten years despite being a huge Dayton fan.

Aww. That's touching. The depth of your sensitivity is impressive. I'll be sure to turn in my reflection paper.

Coddle this defenseless innocent little boy all you want, but he fucked over a lot of people. Would be funny to see what some of you people would think if X told Ridder that they had changed their minds and revoked his scholarship.
    Lol.

I will say, that only giving this a month or so of school and not sticking it out for at least a year is very strange. Borderline soft and weak.

Jared Ridder to transfer?

You are the snowflake for getting upset a 18 year old kid made a decision that effects his life. Grow the f u ck up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    You are the snowflake for getting upset a 18 year old kid made a decision that effects his life.
    I do think it is funny that you hear the people calling people "snowflakes" complaining more about things than the people they call snowflakes. And saying that Ridder needs to apologize? Seems like a pretty "snowflake" thing to ask.

Maybe we need to change the Jesuit motto to "Men and women for others, unless they do something we don't like, in which case, screw 'em"

That said, best of luck to the young man! I hope he gets whatever he was looking for by choosing to leave X. I for one am sad to see him go.

Xeus trolled. And you all bit.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Do you mean....he's NOT a Dayton fan?

Jared Ridder to transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I think he's doing a parody of 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Junior
    Good riddance. Kid clearly doesn't have what it takes to be a champion.
    Well, Xavier hasn't won a championship since joining the Big East....