Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

X Mens Soccer beats #9 Gtown, X now #23 in the polls

We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Since 2010, X against Top 10 opponents: 7-2-1. Pretty damn impressive, those boys know how to show up for big games.

There are still some big ones left on the schedule.

Great game. Fleming made some half time adjustments and the play was much more even in for the balance of the game. Some really good saves late by our keeper were huge. Great win and deservedly ranked!

Suck it Hoyas.

Reminds me of FC Cincinnati. Seems to play better against MSL teams than their own league.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Since 2010, X against Top 10 opponents: 7-2-1. Pretty damn impressive, those boys know how to show up for big games.
    Xaveriana, one that bleeds blue

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaveriana View Post
    Reminds me of FC Cincinnati. Seems to play better against MSL teams than their own league.
    Several top 10 wins have been against the Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    Several top 10 wins have been against the Big East.
    Beat Creighton when they were #1, Georgetown a couple times, maybe Providence? St. Johns is usually pretty solid, Butler is ranked relatively often, I know they also clipped Notre Dame when they were #2 in the same season as the Creighton win, I think Indiana was top 10 when we got them in the tourney a few years back.. I can't think of the others off the top of the head to be honest.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Beat Creighton when they were #1, Georgetown a couple times, maybe Providence? St. Johns is usually pretty solid, Butler is ranked relatively often, I know they also clipped Notre Dame when they were #2 in the same season as the Creighton win, I think Indiana was top 10 when we got them in the tourney a few years back.. I can't think of the others off the top of the head to be honest.
    I was watching the stream of that ND game. It was on a Tuesday. I texted the referee before he could even get back in the locker room, because he missed a call that would've given ND a penalty with seconds left.
    "Hand ball."

He texted back. "100% hand ball."

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    I was watching the stream of that ND game. It was on a Tuesday. I texted the referee before he could even get back in the locker room, because he missed a call that would've given ND a penalty with seconds left.
    "Hand ball."

He texted back. "100% hand ball."
    I didn't get a chance to watch that game, but that's part of it. You get some lucky breaks, you lose some lucky breaks. Another good result for the boys tonight tying #15 UK in Lexington though!