Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dalton v. McCarron doesn't matter. Tom Brady would suck if he was playing with this OL (although he probably would have made some of those throws Dalton has missed). The OL is the problem. The NFL is won in the trenches. I'm not sure Mike Brown has realized that yet. John Ross and his 4.2 forty time are great but it means nothing if our QB only has .00001 seconds to get rid of the ball.

I wonder how low the attendance will get by the end of the year. Could FC Cincinnati outdraw them?

I actually like our defense. It's getting younger and faster. Gone are Peko and Malaluga and in are the likes of Willis, Lawson, and Jackson III. When Burfict gets back, they will be pretty good. Too bad it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    Dalton v. McCarron doesn't matter. Tom Brady would suck if he was playing with this OL (although he probably would have made some of those throws Dalton has missed). The OL is the problem. The NFL is won in the trenches. I'm not sure Mike Brown has realized that yet. John Ross and his 4.2 forty time are great but it means nothing if our QB only has .00001 seconds to get rid of the ball.

I wonder how low the attendance will get by the end of the year. Could FC Cincinnati outdraw them?

I actually like our defense. It's getting younger and faster. Gone are Peko and Malaluga and in are the likes of Willis, Lawson, and Jackson III. When Burfict gets back, they will be pretty good. Too bad it doesn't matter.
    52,000 last night on a Thursday night game. Not good for Mikey Boy or the NFL.

All-Conference
    Could be below 30k for the last game...I honestly hope this happens.

All-Conference
    Well, at least Zampese just got fired.

Always feels a bit perverse to be happy when someone gets fired, but I guess that's just the nature of the sports beast. This move had to be made. I'm honestly shocked that the Bengals did ANYTHING... I guess I take it as a good sign, but then, what really qualifies as "good" for this organization.

Jim Owczarski‏
    @JimOwczarski

Lazor says he's about getting Andy Dalton in rhythm & the running backs in rhythm. #Bengals

Depending on what he means by rhythm, it sounds like maybe I'll get my wish / comeuppance (when inevitably nothing changes... but I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll still hold on). Hopefully that means more no-huddle and let Andy make some calls at the line. I still think he's a "good" QB. He isn't good under pressure, but most QBs aren't... that's the whole point of pressuring the QB. The QBs that are good under pressure start moving into "great" territory.

You saw what he's capable of in 2015... I want to see that again.

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    Always feels a bit perverse to be happy when someone gets fired, but I guess that's just the nature of the sports beast.
    Yeah, and these aren't your average folks getting fired. It's not like they're going to starve or have their houses foreclosed on.

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post

Jim Owczarski‏
    @JimOwczarski

Lazor says he's about getting Andy Dalton in rhythm & the running backs in rhythm. #Bengals

Depending on what he means by rhythm, it sounds like maybe I'll get my wish / comeuppance (when inevitably nothing changes... but I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll still hold on). Hopefully that means more no-huddle and let Andy make some calls at the line. I still think he's a "good" QB. He isn't good under pressure, but most QBs aren't... that's the whole point of pressuring the QB. The QBs that are good under pressure start moving into "great" territory.

You saw what he's capable of in 2015... I want to see that again.
    I researched a bit on Goggle today in order to try to get an idea of what kind of OC Lazor was in Miami. Based off what I read, he used the shotgun quite a bit and he NEVER let Tannenhill change the play at the line of scrimmage unless it was something that was "pre-approved" ahead of time. The latter caused quite a bit of friction between the two. I'm pretty sure Lazor will let Dalton (being a veteran) change the plays at the line of scrimmage, but will we see more shotgun? Also, it appears that Lazor was fired by Miami's interim head coach for not focusing on the running game enough. Does that mean we will be more pass happy? Who knows? I just hope they quit the RB rotation and just stick with Mixon. Finally, Dolphin fans seemed to be were when Lazor was let go (not surprising).

Personally, I don't think it will matter. At the end of the day, Cedric and Jake are still our starting tackles.
    Last edited by XUOWNSUC; 09-15-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post

Its just not the O-Line

Dalton is NOT the guy regardless. He's proven that when it really counts.......he cant perform

I'm glad to see there are other people that realize it is almost entirely the offensive line. They are pretty horrendous. Two years ago, ProFootballFocus rated the Bengals offensive line as having 1 elite, 1 really good, and 2 good players. This year it rates all 5 as "well below average."

Ownership clearly does not value offensive lineman. They prioritize other positions for contracts, so the Bengals can't keep anyone on the line in free agency. Now we are paying the price.

I know Dalton missed some throws last night, but you can't blame him. The pocket was collapsing on almost every pass and turning into a scramble drill. There was no way for him to establish any sort of rhythm when he was running all over the field.

Sacks per year for Dalton:
    2013- 29
    2014- 21
    2015- 20
    2016- 41
    2017 - 8 through 2 games (on pace for 64!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I just want to say that....wait....I thought I cared. I don't. Bengals just exist to get to basketball season.
    Unfortunately this year they only got us to mid September. I was hoping for at least Xavier's first exhibition game.