Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Dalton sucks again. Misses an TD chance on last possession with a really bad throw and now makes another bad throw that gets tipped and intercepted.
    That might have been a little high. But AJ Green (who never gets any blame when he does so much stupid sh$t) has dumb mistakes all the time. By the way he carries the football or his drops, he is beyond frustrating sometimes.

Despite AJ Green's turnover spree, the Bengals still won a game they needed to have.

It does amaze me how polarizing Dalton can be.

He makes some good throws and makes some really bad ones too. He tried late in the game to give the ball back to Buffalo with a terrible throw to covered AJ Green in the end zone. Very lucky to not have this picked off. His first interception was an easy pass to AJ on a crossing route that was thrown too high. ON the flip side he made some nice throws too.

Lets be clear, we didn't win this game b/c of Dalton. We played great defense.
    I'm certainly not an Andy Dalton defender, but do you watch other NFL games? No one outside of the Brady/Rodgers tier is immune to making some really dumb plays... every game.

Let's at least save the Andy criticism for the games the Bengals actually lose.

I counted 5 passes that should have been caught by the wide receivers yesterday. If you add those 5 passes back in, Dalton's stat line would have been 27/36 for 402 yds passing, with 1 TD and 1 INT. I know you can't count on receivers to be perfect in the real world, but I think if there were fewer drops, people would be talking about this as a great game for Dalton.

The stat line he had was pretty darn impressive given the fact that it was raining.

The Bengals were lucky as hell to get out of there will a W. Andy could have easily thrown a couple more pics - like the one in the endzone that would have cost them points and likely the game.

Quarterback, like coaches, always get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose. They throw some balls that should have been caught yet get dropped and occasionally intercepted. Then they throw some shitty passes that either a receiver makes a great play on or a defender misses an easy int.

On a dry day, maybe A.J makes a great catch on that overthrow/int. Maybe a dry ball doesn't squirt out of his hands or he gets the ball that bounces off of him. Guess what, both teams played under the same conditions.

As I said, lucky as HELL to come away with the win and, miraculously, still be in the hunt for an inevitable playoff loss.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    The Bengals were lucky as hell to get out of there will a W. Andy could have easily thrown a couple more pics - like the one in the endzone that would have cost them points and likely the game.

Quarterback, like coaches, always get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose. They throw some balls that should have been caught yet get dropped and occasionally intercepted. Then they throw some shitty passes that either a receiver makes a great play on or a defender misses an easy int.

On a dry day, maybe A.J makes a great catch on that overthrow/int. Maybe a dry ball doesn't squirt out of his hands or he gets the ball that bounces off of him. Guess what, both teams played under the same conditions.

As I said, lucky as HELL to come away with the win and, miraculously, still be in the hunt for an inevitable playoff loss.
    Completely agree

Dalton's margin of error is always razor thin

No faith in him when it really matters to put the team on his back for a W

Burfict with another dumb ass move. He deserves a suspension for simply being a fu7&*^ing idiot.

Another L. Another complete dress down by your rival.

Anyone else getting tired? Or have many just flat out given up on this team and franchise?

I seriously,.......and I mean this ......dont think this franchise will be in this city beyond the next stadium vote. I give them maybe 10 more years.

The current ownership and regime are incompetent. It all starts at the top and flows down.

Welcome to NFL purgatory Bengals fans.

Burfict with another dumb ass move. He deserves a suspension for simply being a fu7&*^ing idiot.

Another L. Another complete dress down by your rival.

Anyone else getting tired? Or have many just flat out given up on this team and franchise?

I seriously,.......and I mean this ......dont think this franchise will be in this city beyond the next stadium vote. I give them maybe 10 more years.

The current ownership and regime are incompetent. It all starts at the top and flows down.

Welcome to NFL purgatory Bengals fans.
    Hopefully the Chargers and Rams attendance issues show that the grass isn't always greener. The threat of an open LA market is now gone. Granted St. Louis, San Diego, etc. are out there but I don't think anyone is dying to build the f*cking Bengals a stadium.

Also, the Bengals have 12 million in cap space as Mike Brown claims he can't sign Zeitler or anyone worth a damn to play on this line.

Lol @ the Burfict "kick". I could find 100 other plays in the NFL this week that were dirtier than that.

But the Bengals still suck. That 2nd half was depressing.

So, the Patriots trade a solid backup QB for a 2nd round pick next year. Great move as it looks like Brady has another 2-3 years left.

Meanwhile, the Bengals front office and leadership are still celebrating their 1 pt win over the lowly Colts.......instead of looking for some O line help that they are in desperate need of.

All you have to do follow what good organizations do like the Steelers and Patriots and then compare it to what the Browns do/don't do.

McCarron has solid trade value and so does Jeremy Hill.

So, the Patriots trade a solid backup QB for a 2nd round pick next year. Great move as it looks like Brady has another 2-3 years left.

Meanwhile, the Bengals front office and leadership are still celebrating their 1 pt win over the lowly Colts.......instead of looking for some O line help that they are in desperate need of.

All you have to do follow what good organizations do like the Steelers and Patriots and then compare it to what the Browns do/don't do.

McCarron has solid trade value and so does Jeremy Hill.
    Neither of those guys do. You don't think other teams don't see how those guys don't play?

Everyone hates Dalton but he plays over McCarron because he's better. Why would you trade for McCarron when the free agent market for QBs is going to have several options better than McCarron? And allegedly this QB draft class is supposed to be good.

Hill has 116 yards on the season with a 3.1 ypc. His longest run of the season is 13 yards. I wanted to like him but he's garbage. Our line does suck but he's had several years to prove himself and all he has done is lose his job to a guy who the Bengals took in spite of his enormous baggage.

If you want to complain about a move made yesterday that the Bengals didn't do was the Seahawks trade for Duane Brown as our line continues to let Dalton get murdered and can't do shit for our run game.