Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    What a disaster of a team.

After two home games only four days apart and zero touchdowns and nine total points scored, Lewis was facing a “near mutiny,” a league source tells PFT. The normally quiet A.J. Green publicly sounded off, and plenty of other players had plenty of pointed things to say privately, we’re told.
    https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/1...ls-loss-texans

That originated from Florio at NBC. Probably some truth, but I think that guy makes a lot of shit up.

I read somewhere that Burfict tweeted video of some of the Steelers hits vs the Browns. Shazier and Mitchell both had hits demonstrating their douchebaggery. Apparently not even fine worthy though let alone suspension worthy.

Shazier got fined 25k. He's appealing it though. He said he wasn't sure if the QB was sliding or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceX View Post
    I'm glad to see there are other people that realize it is almost entirely the offensive line. They are pretty horrendous. Two years ago, ProFootballFocus rated the Bengals offensive line as having 1 elite, 1 really good, and 2 good players. This year it rates all 5 as "well below average."

Ownership clearly does not value offensive lineman. They prioritize other positions for contracts, so the Bengals can't keep anyone on the line in free agency. Now we are paying the price.

I know Dalton missed some throws last night, but you can't blame him. The pocket was collapsing on almost every pass and turning into a scramble drill. There was no way for him to establish any sort of rhythm when he was running all over the field.

Sacks per year for Dalton:
    2013- 29
    2014- 21
    2015- 20
    2016- 41
    2017 - 8 through 2 games (on pace for 64!!!!)
    Yeah the o line is not good, but Dalton is one of the worst at recognizing pressure and stepping up in the pocket to avoid sacks or changing a play at the line of scrimmage when he sees a defensive adjustment.
    Last edited by bleedXblue; 09-16-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    Shazier got fined 25k. He's appealing it though. He said he wasn't sure if the QB was sliding or not.
    They should double it for that lame excuse. Maybe if he didn't lower his head to spear the guy, he would have known.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/1...-plays-twitter

A quote from this article about the worst offensive lines in the NFL:

The Bengals were even more careless in the trenches. They let not just their best blocker, Kevin Zeitler, but their second best – the accomplished veteran Andrew Whitworth – leave in free agency. While the Browns are smiling about having Zeitler at guard and the Rams are grinning with Whitworth at tackle, Dalton is getting punished. And the rushing attack gained 77 yards in the opener before managing 82 Thursday night.

There is NO WAY Mike Brown lets Andy Dalton sit the bench with the contract money he is paying him. Not for the rest of this year.

Looks like a lot of Bengals players want the team to sign Kaepernick. Go figure. If I was a Bengals fan, I would be upset. Would rather watch Joe Mixon.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Looks like a lot of Bengals players want the team to sign Kaepernick. Go figure. If I was a Bengals fan, I would be upset. Would rather watch Joe Mixon.
    The report is BS... originally came from Mike Florio. Dude is a huge douche who hates the Bengals. You can go a lot further, but you can just look at Pro Football Talk's latest Bengals articles... even in the wake of the Texans game, other writers are at least focused on what the players actually said (article about Dennard's "we suck"... article about Green's "we need the ball in my hands"... etc.). What are Florio's latest articles?

Bengals can easily escape Andy Dalton's contract after the season (in which, he actually even reference's Dalton's "Kaepernick style, year-to-year contract")

“Near mutiny” forced the hand of Marvin Lewis (in which he sites a "league source" where, again, other writers are citing what the players are ACTUALLY saying, and it wasn't pretty, so why the scare quotes around "near mutiny")

The next move in Cincinnati could be the quarterback (and here we go, once again "some of the players" feel like the Bengals should go after Kaepernick... yeah right)

Florio sucks. He constantly harps on Burfict too, and felt the need to write an article about how reducing his suspension this year didn't make sense. But he ignores the constant dirty hits by the steelers.

For what it's worth:

Jeremy Rauch
    @FOX19Jeremy

One #Bengals team source tells me Andy Dalton's short leash and potential interest in Kap report is "made up." @FOX19

Also, Dalton's obviously got his problems, and I'm probably too far on his side... as with most things, the "truth" lies somewhere in the middle.

However, dude's got more wins under his belt since he's been in the league than all but 4 other QBs. More than Ryan, Flacco, Newton, Brees, Stafford, both Mannings (although Peyton obviously not nearly as many games in the time frame), Palmer, Luck, Rivers... Also top 10 in game winning drives and 4Q comebacks during his time in the league.

His 2015 season was on the verge of MVP caliber if not for the injury. Like I said, I may be too much of a Dalton apologist, but the guy absolutely can play if he actually gets some blocking. Get a damn offensive line, and let him go to work.