Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

YouTubeTV for 2017 Season

I was just looking at the channel lineup for the brand new YouTubeTV, which is an online streaming service that competes with SlingTV and Playstation Vue.

Hate to sound like a sales shill, but it after trying Sling and Vue, this seems like a winner for college hoops fans. For $35 you get all the major networks, plus a ton of sports channels:
    Big Ten Network
    CBS Sports Network
    Comcast RSN
    ESPN
    ESPN2
    ESPNews
    ESPNU
    Fox RSN
    FS1
    FS2
    Golf Channel
    NBCSN
    SEC Network
    Tennis Channel
    NESN
    YES Network

You can also DVR anything in their cloud storage. It does not seem to carry TNT, which would put NBA fans out.

Is that $35 per month?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Yup, $35 a month. I tried Sling TV, Playstation Vue, and DirecTV Now last season and I'll confirm that this is the best deal for sports fans. I'm definitely planning on ordering this in November. Keep an eye out for deals in the coming months, I got a free Apple TV when signing up with DirecTV Now and a Roku with Sling TV so maybe Youtube will offer something as well.

Sounds very appealing, thanks for sharing. Will definitely consider.

Looks like it's missing 3 channels my wife and I watch a decent amount, TBS, TNT, and BBC America. Other that that, this looks like a decent replacement option for the boatload of channels we never watch, but pay for, with FiOptics TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Looks like it's missing 3 channels my wife and I watch a decent amount, TBS, TNT, and BBC America. Other that that, this looks like a decent replacement option for the boatload of channels we never watch, but pay for, with FiOptics TV.

It has BBC America.

No Turner content at all -- so no CNN, HLN, TNT or TBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    It has BBC America.

This wouldn't be ideal come tournament time.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    This wouldn't be ideal come tournament time.
    Agreed, though I feel like you can stream off the NCAA site for free right?? I don't know, I'd probably get a friend's password and login though lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

If you are looking to switch but need those channels, I'd look into DirecTV Now or Playstation Vue. Both have those, are a similar price, and you will still get the vast majority of Xavier and Basketball games.

As for no Turner content for tournament time, that's an interesting point. You could either use one of the other streaming services throughout the year (but some of them dont have FS2, CBS Sports Network, BTN, etc) or you could just switch streaming providers in March. These services dont have contracts so cancelling and switching is easy and free. Thats probably what I'll end up doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    It has BBC America.

I see BBC World News, but not BBC America. I rarely watch CNN or HLN, so that's a non issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.