Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Junior
    My biggest fear is the cloud of Mack to UL hangs over us all year, making recruiting nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    My biggest fear is the cloud of Mack to UL hangs over us all year, making recruiting nearly impossible.
    I don't think that's the issue at all, imo. I don't think recruits are scared of not getting playing time either. There are plenty of schools with good incoming classes who are recruiting well for '18. I don't know what it is with this class, but unless we get some unexpected good news, I've resigned myself to the fact this is going to be a pretty weak recruiting class. Who knows, maybe Walter and Kennedy will turn into great players.

Sophomore
    [QUOTE=X Factor;598809]I don't think that's the issue at all, imo.]

What makes you think it’s not an issue? How can it not be?

[QUOTE=XUBison;598811]
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I don't think that's the issue at all, imo.]

What makes you think it’s not an issue? How can it not be?
    Because we deal with the "Mack is leaving" rumors every off-season. You don't think other programs have been telling recruits Mack won't be at Xavier much longer the past 5 years?

Not only does Xavier deal with it every year, but so does just about every other school.

The UC fans are convinced that it’s gojng to be Cronin to UL and not Mack.

Nova fans fear their coach leaving for the pros or for another school.

Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Not only does Xavier deal with it every year, but so does just about every other school.

The UC fans are convinced that it’s gojng to be Cronin to UL and not Mack.

Etc.
    Yeah but UC fans are delusional.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post

The UC fans are convinced that itÂ’s gojng to be Cronin to UL and not Mack.

Etc.
    Right... and I suspect it is a recruiting hurdle for most coaches. In fact, after name brand, I would think itÂ’s one of the biggest reasons schools like UK, KU, UNC, Zona, & Duke routinely land the very top recruits... those coaches aren’t going anywhere, at least not of their own volition.

Nova recruits ahead of X or UC; the fact Wright has publicly declared he does not intend to leave Nova has nothing to do with that? Obviously recruiting involves a litany of factors, but it seems to me things like coaching continuity and available playing time have to be two of the most critical considerations a recruit has to make.

I could be wrong though... Maybe the most important consideration is which campus cafeteria serves the best chicken patties.
    Last edited by XUBison; 10-08-2017 at 05:46 PM.

It’s certainly a hurdle, but then again I’m not sure it’s a huge hurdle. Especially since Mack (and so many other coaches) deals with it every year and has for some time. By now I’m sure that they have learned how to deal with it.

There are as many reasons why a kid chooses one school over another as there are kids. Each one is different. It’s not all about who the head coach is for every kid. But I’m sure that is a factor for most kids.

Brian Snow‏ @BSnowScout

Five-star Ayo Dosunmu is down to final 2 of Illinois and Wake Forest

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Right... and I suspect it is a recruiting hurdle for most coaches. In fact, after name brand, I would think itÂ’s one of the biggest reasons schools like UK, KU, UNC, Zona, & Duke routinely land the very top recruits... those coaches aren’t going anywhere, at least not of their own volition.

Nova recruits ahead of X or UC; the fact Wright has publicly declared he does not intend to leave Nova has nothing to do with that? Obviously recruiting involves a litany of factors, but it seems to me things like coaching continuity and available playing time have to be two of the most critical considerations a recruit has to make.

I could be wrong though... Maybe the most important consideration is which campus cafeteria serves the best chicken patties.
    I'm slightly curious, so this is a serious question, wouldn't having Mack be an alum of Xavier help quench some of those fears? Or even him turning down IU/OSU this summer? I figured that would help us out, rather than recruits worrying about him jumping ship to UofL