Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I doubt it will have any impact on us whatsoever.

This 2018 class is very important going forward. You never know who's going to be on the roster the following. I don't want X to be in spot where we have to rely on 5th year graduates, jucos, or transfers.

Recruiting is the life blood of a program and so far, 2018 has been a huge miss.
    Well considering Miami is very in the mix for Bey, I think it definitely helps X as long as we come out clean.

Also for those arguing that the class 2017 class they just brought in shouldn't have any affect on 2018 because of playing time.... Rick Carter just said on D&V last night that it 100% does. I'm gonna go with him on that one

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    Well considering Miami is very in the mix for Bey, I think it definitely helps X as long as we come out clean.

Also for those arguing that the class 2017 class they just brought in shouldn't have any affect on 2018 because of playing time.... Rick Carter just said on D&V last night that it 100% does. I'm gonna go with him on that one
    yeah but that never seems to impact the big time programs........not that we aren't big time.....but Duke, UNC, Kansas etc

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    yeah but that never seems to impact the big time programs........not that we aren't big time.....but Duke, UNC, Kansas etc
    I think it varies. Duke has definitely started to go more to the UK route of 1 & done, so they are going to have more spots open up every year. And can't really argue against Kansas. They're always going to re-load when they've won the Big 12 for 11 straight years.

UNC is interesting though. They don't always get the top guys. Like this year they have 5 recruits coming in and only 1 is Top 100. And a lot of their stars typically stay for 3 & 4 years. Now obviously the class they got Joel Berry, JJ, Pinston was loaded. And next year they already have 2 top level guys. Just saying they're not always loading up

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    There is a reason those programs are the truly elite. Trying to compare our recruiting to theirs seems kind of silly.

Not to mention each of those programs usually has at least one (or 5 if you are UK) of their freshman leave early opening up playing time for the next freshman.

A lot of players seem to be ok with losing some playing time as well to play for one of the elite coaches/programs too, especially the ones with proven track records of getting a lot of players into the NBA, even players who didnt start if have huge numbers.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 09-27-2017 at 08:05 AM.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

So, is he mad he didn't get any cash or trying to distance himself from the cash?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    There is a reason those programs are the truly elite. Trying to compare our recruiting to theirs seems kind of silly.

Not to mention each of those programs usually has at least one (or 5 if you are UK) of their freshman leave early opening up playing time for the next freshman.

A lot of players seem to be ok with losing some playing time as well to play for one of the elite coaches/programs too, especially the ones with proven track records of getting a lot of players into the NBA, even players who didnt start if have huge numbers.
    We are no different in terms of spots opening up and guys having opportunities to play. We lose guys to transfer all the time and have had two guys go early to the NBA in Semaj and Edmond recently. Im not buying it. We've just had a bad recruiting year.......

Sophomore
    We are no different in terms of spots opening up and guys having opportunities to play. We lose guys to transfer all the time and have had two guys go early to the NBA in Semaj and Edmond recently. Im not buying it. We've just had a bad recruiting year.......
    I'm going with Rick Carter on this one.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    You completely ignored a major part of my post. We arent UNC, KU, UK, or Duke. Major recruits will be ok with decreased playing time for one of those coaches and one of those schools and those schools usually have at least one or more freshman leave early, XU has never had anyone leave early for the NBA after their freshman year.

I am not even agruing that our reason for have a poor recruiting year is because of the strength of the class above but if it was the reason, the argument "that cant be true look at UK, Duke, KU" doesnt seem like a strong one to me considering their programs are on a whole other level than ours.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    I'm going with Rick Carter on this one.
    Honestly what else would Rick Carter say? "we didn't land any of these recruits because we were out-recruited?" Of course he's going to find an excuse....