Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    What will the recruiting scandal fallout be? Decommitts could be falling out of the trees.
    Decommits following a recruiting scandal??? No thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Without knowing all the ins and outs about the kid going to Rhode Island, it surprises me that we would lose a recruit to the A10.
    Absent things like, he saw a lack of possible floor time here (and things like that) is it at all possible that Book's association with us years ago, is being used against us?
    It's no more surprising than some of the recruiting battles we have won. Conference/School are important, but sometimes relationships carry the day. Especially when the Dad/AAU/HS Coach stand to benefit.

[QUOTE=bobbiemcgee;598805]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    We want recruits from programs that were benefiting from illegal payments? I'd rather have a bad recruiting year than a tainted good one.

QUOTE]Thinking more along lines of coaches getting booted, not 5 stars getting paid.
    A very fine line...

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    My biggest fear is the cloud of Mack to UL hangs over us all year, making recruiting nearly impossible.
    This is honestly the LEAST of my fears. Power 5 Conference schools have been negative recruiting on the notion that Mack would jump for years. Yet he's turned down Tennessee, Cal, Indiana and Ohio State. If a recruit genuinely fears that Mack will jump ship to a scandal-ridden, likely-to-be-catastrophically-sanctioned Louisiville, so be it...

Freshman
    Shaq Carter officially to Rutgers.

Quote Originally Posted by xucub View Post
    Shaq Carter officially to Rutgers.
    Another swing and miss, and the crystal ball predictions on Saddiq Bey have him a 100% lock to NC State. Rough recruiting cycle

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Another swing and miss, and the crystal ball predictions on Saddiq Bey have him a 100% lock to NC State. Rough recruiting cycle
    They had stepped back from Carter but still not good news.

Longtime X target Ayo Dosunmu committed to Illinois. I know he's from Illinois, but they've sucked the past few years.

We failed to land a single priority recruit this year, and ended up with two unranked kids.

Hope this class doesn't come back to hurt X in a year or two. We lose Trevon, JP, and Sean next year for sure. After that, if one of this year's freshman leave, it's going to hurt. Already lost Ridder before the season started...

I guess kids don't care about March runs. Thought X would parlay last year's tourney success into another high ranked recruiting class. It's looking like an A10 recruiting class.
    Last edited by X Factor; 10-20-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Longtime X target Ayo Dosunmu committed to Illinois. I know he's from Illinois, but they've sucked the past few years.

We failed to land a single priority recruit this year, and ended up with two unranked kids.

Hope this class doesn't come back to hurt X in a year or two. We lose Trevon, JP, and Sean next year for sure. After that, if one of this year's freshman leave, it's going to hurt. Already lost Ridder before the season started...

I guess kids don't care about March runs. Thought X would parlay last year's tourney success into another high ranked recruiting class. It's looking like an A10 recruiting class.
    His final 2 were Illinois and Wake.

X is still waiting on THT, Saddiq, and they offered a new guy this week.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post

I think X backed off Ayo weeks ago... probably because they saw the writing on the wall.

This recruiting class has been awful there's no doubt, but I'm still holding out hope that they can at least get Saddiq or Talen... if they ended up getting both (which is a huge IF) that would be huge.