Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    X Factor, I can't imagine Hayes saying no to UK. I think we've got a decent shot at Bey. But Miami's recruiting him hard. And they have some "intangibles" there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess the only advantage we have over UK is Mack being able he will have a great chance at playing a lot minutes early since Tyrique Jones will be our only big man besides Jake Walter, who will be a freshman and is more or a project.

UK is still in on a quite a few front court players, all ranked in the Top 25. Jaxson could end being behind higher rated kids at UK and if he sticks around, Cal is going to be bring more one and done type bigs who will play too.

I know I'm probably just pumping sunshine up my own rear, but hey, I'm trying to be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I guess the only advantage we have over UK is Mack being able he will have a great chance at playing a lot minutes early since Tyrique Jones will be our only big man besides Jake Walter, who will be a freshman and is more or a project.

UK is still in on a quite a few front court players, all ranked in the Top 25. Jaxson could end being behind higher rated kids at UK and if he sticks around, Cal is going to be bring more one and done type bigs who will play too.

I know I'm probably just pumping sunshine up my own rear, but hey, I'm trying to be optimistic.
    Hayes is a project too. X would be in a bad spot if the only big men are Tyrique, Hayes, and Walter.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Hayes is a project too. X would be in a bad spot if the only big men are Tyrique, Hayes, and Walter.
    He's not near the project that Walter is from what I've read and heard. Hayes is a lot more skilled than Walter and his game will translate easier to the college level, imo.

Unless X gets a juco big or 5th year graduate, Jones and Walter will be the only bigs on the roster next year. Looks like we're in a bad spot.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    He's not near the project that Walter is from what I've read and heard. Hayes is a lot more skilled than Walter and his game will translate easier to the college level, imo.

Unless X gets a juco big or 5th year graduate, Jones and Walter will be the only bigs on the roster next year. Looks like we're in a bad spot.
    My point is that if you're relying on Hayes to give you big/valuable minutes as a freshman you're probably going to have issues at that position.

Also, Shaq Carter is a juco player.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    My point is that if you're relying on Hayes to give you big/valuable minutes as a freshman you're probably going to have issues at that position.

Also, Shaq Carter is a juco player.
    Well this definitely made me a bit pessimistic for the next couple years :/.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Well this definitely made me a bit pessimistic for the next couple years :/.
    “I think he’s a down-the-road guy,” Daniels said. “You have to recognize that he has a lot of potential, but there’s still some development to do. He’s a guy that’s just now coming on, and sometimes those guys take a little bit longer to develop.

“But he has the tools.”
    http://www.kentucky.com/sports/colle...174775401.html

As a junior Hayes made the varsity squad at Moeller, a program that ended up playing in the OHSAA State Title Game in March, but he was a reserve. According to Kremer, Hayes averaged around three to four points a game, and played less than 10 minutes per contest.
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...hip/684614001/

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    The domino effect requires more dominos... We're not going to go down swinging on '18, but I think we should all be prepared for a scenario in which it's not the class we -- or the staff -- had hoped for. Coming out of the fall recruiting season, we're likely looking at a 3-star unranked local project (Jake Walter), a JuCo (Shaq Carter), and maybe -- maybe -- one other among Ayo Dosunmu (PG 5*), Noah Locke (PG 4*), Justin Ahrens (Wing 3*), Saddiq Bey (Wing 4*), Talen Horton Tucker (Wing 4*), Keonte Kennedy (Wing UR), Jaxson Hayes (PF UR), and David McCormack (C 4*). Although at most we're leading for Bey and possibly Kennedy.
    This is spot on. The concerning part is that the '18 class is a crucial one in terms of building on momentum. the last time I feel like we struck out on so many recruits was the Brandon Randolph/Kamall Richards year. That was a smaller class sandwiched in between the Semaj/Jalen/Farr class and the Tre/JP/Ed/Sean class, so we had plenty of wiggle room

David McCormack to Kansas...(sigh)

I can't remember the last time we've been in so many kids' Final 2-4 schools and haven't landed any of them.

I know you're always going to lose more kids than you actually get, but all of these kids were priority type recruits, and most of them took official visits to Xavier. They weren't the kid X offered, but didnt' put a lot of time and effort in to. These have all been kids X really, really wanted.

We could finish in the middle to bottom half of recruiting this year in the BE.

Ahrens also recommitted to OSU

It’s Bey or bust time

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    Ahrens also recommitted to OSU

It’s Bey or bust time
    Yeah at this point, it could be Jake Walter and possibly a juco kid. Disappointing to say the least.