Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    No doubt! The "who" and the "when" will come in time. There are a bunch of great players out there on the radar.
    the concerning part is it doesn't seem like there are any guys that are "in the bag" so to speak. After Tre de-commited from UCLA, it was pretty much a given he was coming to X. Scruggs took a while to commit (November?), but we knew he was ours all along.

We don't seem to have that type of security with anybody this time around. Hayes seems like he is our strongest bet at this point. There is also Dosunmu who a lot of people think we have a shot with, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    the concerning part is it doesn't seem like there are any guys that are "in the bag" so to speak. After Tre de-commited from UCLA, it was pretty much a given he was coming to X. Scruggs took a while to commit (November?), but we knew he was ours all along.

We don't seem to have that type of security with anybody this time around. Hayes seems like he is our strongest bet at this point. There is also Dosunmu who a lot of people think we have a shot with, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Dosunmu just scheduled his official Illinois visit October 13th so won't see anything till then. Lotta schools in the mix for him. I thought X was the favorite a bit ago, but I don't feel like they are anymore. Have total faith in this staff, but I'm for sure starting to get worried that they cast too large of a net and not catching anyone specific

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    Dosunmu just scheduled his official Illinois visit October 13th so won't see anything till then. Lotta schools in the mix for him. I thought X was the favorite a bit ago, but I don't feel like they are anymore. Have total faith in this staff, but I'm for sure starting to get worried that they cast too large of a net and not catching anyone specific
    I had that feeling too, but it's also fading for me. I hope I'm wrong. (What the hell do I know, anyway? That's rhetorical, no need to reply.) I'll just keep the faith and know the staff will do the best they can.

Jaxson Hayes got an offer from UK

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Oy!

So pretty much he will now be considered a top 25 prospect

There goes another one. 247 Crystal Ball has already moved to UK.

Our main targets seem to be:

Jaxson Hayes
    Noah Locke
    David McCormack
    Saddiq Bey
    Luther Muhammad
    Ayo Dosunmu

Those are the big ones for X. After that, we're still recruiting some quality kids, but not like these other kids.
    If we miss out on those kids listed, we're going to be settling for lesser talented players. That's after also missing out on guys like Cole Swider, Isaiah Mucius, Jake Forrester, Trevion Williams, Darius Bazley, among others.
    Last edited by X Factor; 09-19-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    There goes another one. 247 Crystal Ball has already moved to UK.

Our main targets seem to be:

Jaxson Hayes
    Noah Locke
    David McCormack
    Saddiq Bey
    Luther Muhammad
    Ayo Dosunmu

Those are the big ones for X. After that, we're still recruiting some quality kids, but not like these other kids.
    If we miss out on those kids listed, we're going to be settling for lesser talented players. That's after also missing out on guys like Cole Swider, Isaiah Mucius, Jake Forrester, Trevion Williams, Darius Bazley, among others.
    Add Talen Horton Tucker and JuCo player Shaq Carter

Ugh damnit. There's still a chance, but this is definitely an annoying kink in the plan.

The Jaxson Hayes news really sucks... pretty sure X was going to get him over Texas but now I'd be shocked if he doesn't go to UK. Hopefully he realizes playing time there would be very slim for a while.