Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Fr Graham Addresses DACA

Discuss.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good for him.

Seems pretty non-controversial.

I'm sure that GladdenGuy has issue with it. Likely resulting in a reflection session at Danas.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

DJT's respect and honor for the constitution and originalist operation of our government is such a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    DJT's respect and honor for the constitution and originalist operation of our government is such a breath of fresh air.
    Joking? Trump's respect and honor lie with himself, his wallet, and his businesses probably in that exact order.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Joking? Trump's respect and honor lie with himself, his wallet, and his businesses probably in that exact order.
    But he ended DACA because it was done thru exec order, and not congress. That's why he did it, cause he loves and respects the constitution. just like me.

Sophomore
    I certainly may be misunderstanding this, but it seems from my reading that President Trump is slowly phasing out this program that President Obama put in place through executive action. Congress never passed any laws stating this program can/should exist. President Trump has urged congress to legally pass something similar to DACA which allows these children to stay, but has stated it is not the role of the president to setup this type of system through executive privilege. If Congress passes legislation legally implementing a program like DACA, the president will sign it into law thus protecting it from a future president doing the same things he (Trump) just did.

The pressure at this point, in my estimate, should be on congress to actually pass and do something at this point in order to fix this. If people want these DREAMers to stay, then they should be yelling at their congressmen to step up and pass the appropriate legislation to allow this to happen.

This seems like a perfect bi-partisan issues for both parties to tackle and work together on quickly without a bunch of BS pork attached.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcrawfo View Post
    I certainly may be misunderstanding this, but it seems from my reading that President Trump is slowly phasing out this program that President Obama put in place through executive action. Congress never passed any laws stating this program can/should exist. President Trump has urged congress to legally pass something similar to DACA which allows these children to stay, but has stated it is not the role of the president to setup this type of system through executive privilege. If Congress passes legislation legally implementing a program like DACA, the president will sign it into law thus protecting it from a future president doing the same things he (Trump) just did.

The pressure at this point, in my estimate, should be on congress to actually pass and do something at this point in order to fix this. If people want these DREAMers to stay, then they should be yelling at their congressmen to step up and pass the appropriate legislation to allow this to happen.

This seems like a perfect bi-partisan issues for both parties to tackle and work together on quickly without a bunch of BS pork attached.
    Talk about being a dreamer!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by kmcrawfo View Post

Yah he gets it. it's about the constitution which I love. I bet he likes it too.

if we want to help ppl we need to do it thru congress, or not at all. theres no other way. And don't you libs tell me about DJT's exec orders, those r different.