Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Chris Mack turned down IU and OSU this offseason. He also bought a new house -- some might call it a mansion (although that was already in motion before those vacancies). Chris is well taken care of. He's not the highest paid BE coach, but he also doesn't live in NY, DC, Chicago or Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In Mack's statement he mentioned both being at his alma mater and in his hometown. Not mentioned (but also very true) is that it's a relatively inexpensive place to live.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Need to get him up near 2.0 MM a year IMHO

He's a Top 20 coach.
    According to Xavier's latest publically available IRS-990 form covering the 2015-2016 fiscal year, Mack's total compensation is roughly $1.67M. I don't know if that is everything Mack earns in his capacity as head coach but if it is, he definitely deserves a raise.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    According to Xavier's latest publically available IRS-990 form covering the 2015-2016 fiscal year, Mack's total compensation is roughly $1.67M. I don't know if that is everything Mack earns in his capacity as head coach but if it is, he definitely deserves a raise.
    I could easily see that being around $2mil with incentives.

I'd be very surprised if that's his total compensation. For example, Mick makes $400,000 in base salary, $400,000 for radio and TV appearances, $400,000 for personal appearances, and $600,000 for UCs deal with Under Armor. Perhaps someone smarter than me could break down which of these would or wouldn't be included on the tax form, but I would bet it's leaving some things off.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    I'd be very surprised if that's his total compensation. For example, Mick makes $400,000 in base salary, $400,000 for radio and TV appearances, $400,000 for personal appearances, and $600,000 for UCs deal with Under Armor. Perhaps someone smarter than me could break down which of these would or wouldn't be included on the tax form, but I would bet it's leaving some things off.
    Mack's compensation breaks down as follows: base compensation...$394K, bonus and incentive compensation...$50K, other reportable compensation...$$1.171M, retirement and other deferred benefits...$25K, nontaxable benefits...$29K. Does this include radio, shoes, etc??? No idea.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Xavier Extends Mack

Mack's compensation breaks down as follows: base compensation...$394K, bonus and incentive compensation...$50K, other reportable compensation...$$1.171M, retirement and other deferred benefits...$25K, nontaxable benefits...$29K. Does this include radio, shoes, etc??? No idea.
    Yes. That includes all of Chris's XU-related income (e.g., radio show, shoe contract, summer camps, and appearance fees). He might get to make side money from local endorsements/commercial spots (if he does them) that don't include XU references. But I'm not sure about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody really know what the Sedler's are contributing? Size of the fund, any limitatations, etc.?
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Does anybody really know what the Sedler's are contributing? Size of the fund, any limitatations, etc.?
    Educated guess at $5 mil

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    Educated guess at $5 mil
    Can't wait to have that type of money and donate to my alma mater.. sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Can't wait to have that type of money and donate to my alma mater.. sheesh.
    Well HURRY UP! Get to work!!! We are all counting on you....