Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Xavier Extends Mack

Link

Xavier University Director of Athletics Greg Christopher announced today that the contract of Sedler Family Men's Head Basketball Coach Chris Mack has been extended by a year through the 2022-23 season. Mack, who is in his ninth season at the helm, is 17 wins shy of taking over as Xavier's all-time winningest head basketball coach.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Great news I think. Not sure exactly if this really does much of anything. Hopefully, he got a big raise.......

I seem to remember the last time they extended him, they didn't talk about an increase in base pay.

Elite 8 level coach, he should have gotten a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Great news I think. Not sure exactly if this really does much of anything. Hopefully, he got a big raise.......

I seem to remember the last time they extended him, they didn't talk about an increase in base pay.
    Exactly. Glad to see the right thing get done. Hope he's paid fairly and is very happy for a long, long time....

The one year extension is automatic because they made the tourney... every year X makes the tourney Mack gets an additional year no matter what. This is hardly news... but hopefully they were able to get him a little more money.

Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    The one year extension is automatic because they made the tourney... every year X makes the tourney Mack gets an additional year no matter what. This is hardly news... but hopefully they were able to get him a little more money.
    This is a complete assumption, but I'd be surprised if he didn't. Isn't enrollment going up? We have a decent amount of new funding coming in, and you get more money the deeper you go in the tournament, even if it's a couple hundred thousand each year we make the tournament, that's not bad at all in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    This is a complete assumption, but I'd be surprised if he didn't. Isn't enrollment going up? We have a decent amount of new funding coming in, and you get more money the deeper you go in the tournament, even if it's a couple hundred thousand each year we make the tournament, that's not bad at all in my opinion.
    Need to get him up near 2.0 MM a year IMHO

He's a Top 20 coach.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Need to get him up near 2.0 MM a year IMHO

He's a Top 20 coach.
    Who says he is not at $2.0 mil

Quote Originally Posted by olsingledigit View Post
    who says he is not at $2.0 mil
    lol

Xavier Extends Mack

Chris Mack turned down IU and OSU this offseason. He also bought a new house -- some might call it a mansion (although that was already in motion before those vacancies). Chris is well taken care of. He's not the highest paid BE coach, but he also doesn't live in NY, DC, Chicago or Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk