Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Administrator Muskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,451

    Xavier Extends Mack

    Link

    Xavier University Director of Athletics Greg Christopher announced today that the contract of Sedler Family Men's Head Basketball Coach Chris Mack has been extended by a year through the 2022-23 season. Mack, who is in his ninth season at the helm, is 17 wins shy of taking over as Xavier's all-time winningest head basketball coach.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

    Follow XH on Twitter

    Follow XH on Facebook

  2. #2
    Supporting Member bleedXblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,631
    Great news I think. Not sure exactly if this really does much of anything. Hopefully, he got a big raise.......

    I seem to remember the last time they extended him, they didn't talk about an increase in base pay.

  3. #3
    Elite 8 level coach, he should have gotten a raise.

  4. #4
    Supporting Member xu82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    6,967
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Great news I think. Not sure exactly if this really does much of anything. Hopefully, he got a big raise.......

    I seem to remember the last time they extended him, they didn't talk about an increase in base pay.
    Exactly. Glad to see the right thing get done. Hope he's paid fairly and is very happy for a long, long time....

  5. #5
    Sophomore XU3232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Springboro, OH
    Posts
    481
    The one year extension is automatic because they made the tourney... every year X makes the tourney Mack gets an additional year no matter what. This is hardly news... but hopefully they were able to get him a little more money.

  6. #6
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    The one year extension is automatic because they made the tourney... every year X makes the tourney Mack gets an additional year no matter what. This is hardly news... but hopefully they were able to get him a little more money.
    This is a complete assumption, but I'd be surprised if he didn't. Isn't enrollment going up? We have a decent amount of new funding coming in, and you get more money the deeper you go in the tournament, even if it's a couple hundred thousand each year we make the tournament, that's not bad at all in my opinion.

  7. #7
    Supporting Member bleedXblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,631
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    This is a complete assumption, but I'd be surprised if he didn't. Isn't enrollment going up? We have a decent amount of new funding coming in, and you get more money the deeper you go in the tournament, even if it's a couple hundred thousand each year we make the tournament, that's not bad at all in my opinion.
    Need to get him up near 2.0 MM a year IMHO

    He's a Top 20 coach.

  8. #8
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Need to get him up near 2.0 MM a year IMHO

    He's a Top 20 coach.
    Who says he is not at $2.0 mil

  9. #9
    Supporting Member bleedXblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,631
    Quote Originally Posted by olsingledigit View Post
    who says he is not at $2.0 mil
    lol

  10. #10
    Supporting Member LA Muskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,170

    Xavier Extends Mack

    Chris Mack turned down IU and OSU this offseason. He also bought a new house -- some might call it a mansion (although that was already in motion before those vacancies). Chris is well taken care of. He's not the highest paid BE coach, but he also doesn't live in NY, DC, Chicago or Philly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •