Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    People get cut all the time.
    True but its too bad the student athletes cant do the same thing without being forced to sit out a year. And on top of that being restricted on where they can go.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I have no problem with telling a player, "You're never going to play here. You really need to consider transferring."

I do have a problem with, "You're never going to play here. We're not renewing your scholarship."

That said, I'm probably splitting hairs with the difference between the two scenarios. The end result is still the same- the player transfers.
    Last edited by XU 87; 08-24-2017 at 01:16 PM.

I have no problem with forcing a player out. I do feel like when the transfer is because of the coach, the player should not have to sit out.

I feel like when kids transfer, it's always spun as the kid was unhappy.

Kids aren't going to stick around when they're being told that they wont be playing. Its a very "polite" way of telling a player they aren't part of the future. Mostly happens to the younger kids who may have been a reach or a last minute recruit. I have no issue with it at all.

It's tough. It reminds me of some tough calls I've had to make as a moderator.

Sometimes I have to say to a poster, "Look kid, you can keep posting, but nobody likes you, and I'm probably going to delete a lot of your posts." It's the toughest job a moderator has. In many ways it is easier, and more humane, to simply ban them.

The transfer rule sucks for precisely this reason. But if it didn't exist, coaches would be poaching players left and right. It's really a no-win situation.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    The transfer rule sucks for precisely this reason. But if it didn't exist, coaches would be poaching players left and right. It's really a no-win situation.
    I think you would get some of that but not nearly the level of transferring and poaching that coaches and schools would want you to believe. Just another way for them to justify having all the control while the players have almost none.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I think you would get some of that but not nearly the level of transferring and poaching that coaches and schools would want you to believe. Just another way for them to justify having all the control while the players have almost none.
    I don't know. If players could transfer without sitting I think there would be a lot of shenanigans going on behind the scenes. I do, however, think that players should be released without restriction and without having to sit out a year if their head coach leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Fortunately, posters who are"discouraged" from participating in the xavierhoops.com forum are eligible to transfer to musketeermadness.com without having to sit out a year, similar to a transfer to a junior college.